Union representation for Beauty Therapists?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniminx13

Reaction score
Hi Geeks...

Bit of a heavy thread to be putting out on a Saturday night but would be really grateful of any pointers...

After some very questionable behaviour from our employer my colleagues and I are seriously considering some legal representation from a union. We have had problems for a while now esp many of the younger and more trusting employees are being particularly targeted with disciplinery/unreasonable requests/ bullying from management etc...pretty much the entire dept are desperately unhappy (there is 50+ of us) and something has gotta give! However, we all love the job we do just not the way we are treated....we need help in getting the managers to shape up. Does anyone know of an official Beauty orientated union..? Ideally affordable too as we are all on minimum wage etc... Thanks all, appreciate any advice....xx

Acas. Not beauty specific but will be able to help.

Thats a huuuuge number of staff to be feeling that way. Im guessing you work in a spa or department store?

Until recently I have always been with GMB. They are so good at what they do. I had issues with a previous salon employer and they dealt with everything for me. As I am now self employed I am no longer with them but if i were ever to take a position as Employed again I will join again immediately. They have their own solicitors etc too. :)

Latest posts

Back