United Beauty Products-What's the news??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeystails

Reaction score
Hi Everybody!

Although I have been a member for a few months now, I have only ever posted one reply to a thread!!

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Georgie Smedley and I work for UBP (formerly known as United Beauty Products aka Star Nails etc!!) involved with Training and Product development. Yes, I was one of the lucky ones; I managed to keep my job. Unfortunately there were lots of members of staff that were made redundant, and as you can imagine, there couldn’t have been a worse time for this to happen. As it was so rightly put by some of you, the blame does not lie with any of the staff, so for those of you out there that have lost money, I can only offer my sympathy and hope that moving forward, we can try to put things right. With this in mind, UBP Ltd are looking to try and run as many courses as possible for the trainees who have paid their money to United Beauty Products. Just to add some clarification, United Beauty Products no longer exists, so legally the trainees who paid money to them have lost it. UBP is a new company with new owners. They have kindly agreed to train people who have lost their money free of charge. This means that UBP are funding the courses in an attempt to assist those who have lost their fees including those part way through their training. If you are one of these people and haven’t heard from the department by the 25th January, please give them a call on 08456010196. Normal training will resume mid Feb.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me, I can’t promise anything but where there’s a will, there’s a way!!

Georgie. XxX

Hi Georgie,

Glad to hear not all is lost with UBP, felt so sorry for everybody having that much upheaval just before Christmas. Good to hear you kept your job though!

One quick question, will all Star Nails products still be available?

Thanks,

Hi Carrie,

Yes, the Star Nails products are still available although stock has been low due to the unfortunate events over the last few weeks. The good news is that UBP are now back up and running and will be re-stocking shortly!

Georgie xXx

:wink2:

Hiya,

Yes you are one of the lucky ones!!!!

Its such a shame it happened at this time of year, but then again i dont suppose any time of the year is good!!!!

One of my closest friends, who was a trainer for the yorkshire area and has lost her job:cry: , but i dont think she will be stuck fast for a job (hopefully).

Good luck with everything Georgie!!!

Amanda

Hi!!

You're right, no time is a good time to lose your job. All our trainers are very good at what they do, and without a doubt they'll have no problems finding work, as they were all an asset to the company! But don't forget we will be training again soon so you never know, they may be back on board with us!!

Georgie

Lily's friend trained me - she was fantastic and I really felt for her when I heard she'd lost her job. But her nails were fab and so I think if UBP wanted her back they'd better snap her up quick before someone else does or she sets up on her own!

Good to hear Star Nails products will still be available - even though I've decided to do Creative training it will be good to be able to offer a different product to clients.

Thanks for this update Georgie.

(one other question though - where did Monkeystails come from?)

is spangles/spangles gold part of united beauty? Probably explains why i couldn't get hold of them for spares for my Harden & Steenbeck Evoloution airbrushes. Found a supplier in Belgium in the end and fortunately their prices were very competitive.

Monkeystails is cockney rhyming slang for nails!

Spangles is the nail art brand from UBP and Spangles Gold WAS the Airbrushing range although this has now been discontinued.

The Nail Company in Surrey are still supplying the same range (although it's now probably called something else) so if you need any more replacements etc their number is 01932851505.

Georgie. x

Thanks for the Update Georgie, fingers crossed all sstaff concerned will be snapped up for new roles asap.

I loved my training with Star (and that was down to Claire Roffey, excellent trainer and nail technician IMO) and I still use quite a few of their products which I still can find a superior or cost effective alternative, so selfishly I hope my wholesaler can get stocks through soon.

Please keep us all updated....PS love the user name

Hi Georgie,
nice to know your still alive and kicking, thoroughly enjoyed my training with you and inga at Dagenham, look forward to seeing you at one of the trade shows
x

Can you tell me how Nina is - the last I heard she was expecting, this was last year though

Cathy

Hello!! I thought I recognised your picture!

I'll look out for you at the show, I doubt I will be working at the next one so maybe we'll bump into each other.

Regards,

Georgie. x

Hi,

Nina is doing fine, she was also made redundant unfortunately.

She had a little boy who is a few months now. Would you like me to give her a message for you?

Georgie

Fab Freak said:
Thanks for the Update Georgie, fingers crossed all sstaff concerned will be snapped up for new roles asap.

I loved my training with Star (and that was down to Claire Roffey, excellent trainer and nail technician IMO) and I still use quite a few of their products which I still can find a superior or cost effective alternative, so selfishly I hope my wholesaler can get stocks through soon.

Please keep us all updated....PS love the user name
I totally agree Fab Freak - Claire was fab and the training sessions with her were really enjoyable.

Hello dont suppose you know if Sally's wholesaler or salon services will be stocking from you still? I buy my cuccio products from there and would love to know if you have these answers. I did ask one of the sales girls there and they said they were not sure?
thanks x

loo said:
Hello dont suppose you know if Sally's wholesaler or salon services will be stocking from you still? I buy my cuccio products from there and would love to know if you have these answers. I did ask one of the sales girls there and they said they were not sure?
thanks x
Hi Lucy,

Yes, the wholesalers will be being stocked up shortly.

Georgie. x

Latest posts

Back