Unknown product removal - what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biljana

Reaction score
This relates to my post in Chit Chat :(
The latest reason I worked late and had an angry Hubby once again!
She was booked for 5pm for lash tint/pedicure and gel fill. Her nails were done a week ago at my neighbourhood NSS and quite horribly, bulky and uneven so she tell me she leaves on an Alaskan Cruise in the morning and she wants them all off and to start from scratch, sighh
Whatever, I aim to please so before I started her pedi I wrapped her nails with foils to give them a head start.
OMG! No way no how did they budge! Didnt even break through the top coat :(
After further inquiry on the steps and their application, she reveals that they use powder gel and to finish with a layer of gel from a jar. Oh come on!
I just about lost it, but kept going, had to file most of the product, preped her nails and applied Brisa Gel. I really wanted to apply L&P as her nails are so weak from previous botched jobs but she insisted on Gel as it is what she gets every time. After I finished I had to politely explain to her that she has been getting some really bad acrylic over the past two years and not gel.
I didnt get home till 9:30pm and a fuming Hubby that took some coaxing to get him to talk to me!
WWYD in this situation? I cant in my right conscience not fix the clients nails properly. And what would I have done if I had a client after her? You can tell this doesnt happen very often but it does

You cannot walk into any hairdressers where you have booked for a wash and blow and then demand colour and highlights because you don't like the colour of your hair!! And I'll tell you one thing ... if consistently being late home is a problem then the relationship between you in your marriage isn't worth it either.

If clients want extra service for which they haven't booked in, then they need to learn to book in and you should tell them. She knew she was going on holiday before she arrived!

Only if I had the time or had a cancellation would I do anything other than what the client booked.

To stop things like this happening i would tell clients if they have gotten their nails done somewhere else and they use a different product than the products we use please go back to who you got them done off and get them removed as you just have no idea what the previous salon has applied to the nails. It can turn into a complete nightmare like your scenario. You poor thing i really feel for you. Sometimes my hubby does not be impressed when i get caught up but like that im too soft and dont like saying no but sometimes you have to. You are very good for doing this treatment for this lady. But it should have not been expected. X

Ditto what Geeg said.

I've lost count of the times clients have booked one thing and shown up wanting more than that. Sorry, unless there is actually time, they're out of luck.
You don't live with that client.
But you do live with your hubby and it's unfair to him AND YOU when you work overtime like that.

Stand firm, be apologetic, but you can't be held accountable for their errors.

<hugs>

You cannot walk into any hairdressers where you have booked for a wash and blow and then demand colour and highlights because you don't like the colour of your hair!! And I'll tell you one thing ... if consistently being late home is a problem then the relationship between you in your marriage isn't worth it either.

If clients want extra service for which they haven't booked in, then they need to learn to book in and you should tell them. She knew she was going on holiday before she arrived!

Only if I had the time or had a cancellation would I do anything other than what the client booked.

That is exactly it. She did book a Gel Rebalance, I asked on the phone, and she said the nail place she went to did an awful job, it was bulky and uneven. All it needed was better filing, and that they use Bio Sculpture. I figure since she has been doing her nails for years she might know what they have done to her. So I booked accordingly.
I DID NOT expect to have nails lifting at every stage, and 3 chipped ones. It was a mess that needed proper fixing before new product was added. I can't cut corners, and I felt bad for her

That is exactly it. She did book a Gel Rebalance, I asked on the phone, and she said the nail place she went to did an awful job, it was bulky and uneven. All it needed was better filing, and that they use Bio Sculpture. I figure since she has been doing her nails for years she might know what they have done to her. So I booked accordingly.
I DID NOT expect to have nails lifting at every stage, and 3 chipped ones. It was a mess that needed proper fixing before new product was added. I can't cut corners, and I felt bad for her
And when clients book, they need to be told by you to let you know the condition of their nails so you can book time accordingly or re-schedule. If we don't teach them, they will never learn.

Latest posts

Back