'Unrealistic expectation'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
After a particularly challenging Saturday :eek:......I cannot help but draw the conclusion, it is becoming harder and harder to please our public!
I have seen a big change over the years, the main one being that 'we', the professional, no longer have quite the same respect from the client, as we once used to.
Once upon a time, they would 'allow' us to advise, suggest, and then deliver.....
Now, increasingly, the client feels they know best!
Be it that they saw it on youtube, or, they did a 'wee course at the adult education'......whatever.
I personally feel we need to re-dress the balance, and take charge once again, as it becomes harder and harder to manage their expectation.....:(
What are your thoughts........

I could not agree more! and usually the people who 'know it all' actually no very little but trying to advise them any differently is impossible! I also agree that clients have no respect and do not appreciate our worth anymore because as you say they've seen it on you tube or can buy the kit online to do it themselves ......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

when they mess it up they come to us though.

I've actually trained myself to 'tune out' when I get a 'know it all' in the chair, I let them speak then tell them what we can actually realistically do.....in the most unpatronising way I possibly can of course!!!lol xxx

Last edited:
when they mess it up they come to us though.

How about the client with 'the mess up'......who doesn't recognise they have a mess up!!!!:(
.......The one's who leave YOU at a loss as to what to do.....but EXPECT to leave looking GORGEOUS .......for less than they'd spend on their lunch! :rolleyes:
The same client, who you bust a gut for, miss your break, stay late, ..... produce a MIRACLE.........
To then have them 'GENEROUSLY' say, "umm, it think that should be O.K"...... O.K.....O.K !!!!!!!.
At the desk, they'll query the price, and then NOT LEAVE A TIP!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
I don't take that energy from clients. I know my reasoning for my professional input and when they do a dumb maneuver like thinking they "know" something, shoot them firm but nicely down right away. I have had them say another stylist says.....and I just say then that stylist should upgrade their knowledge as our industry is in constant evolution and constant change. Shoot it right back at them!

I once had a lady who was a lv10 blond for years whom decided to color it copper herself and made it firetruck red come in the next day after she did it and ask me to fix it I told her unless she wants to go darker I can she snapped at me "can't you put bleach on it" I said " yes if your fond of the color pink I can" she calmed down and said "Oh" what do I do then so I told her to go darker or keep washing it with laundry powder soap until it goes a copper salmon color then come in and see me! Don't let them have any power with this bs trick they pull and let em know right away you don't play that way.....they usually like it when you explain why they are wrong and think your smart and know your stuff and become clients for life!

Latest posts

Back