Upper leg wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
I've had a moan on here before about this. I did a full leg and bikini wax today. An hour and 50 minutes!!!! Does anyone else loathe thigh waxing? I don't know why I can't get my speed up. I just seem to keep going over as hair doesn't always come out. I ended up using non strip wax loads, because of it today. Any advice? I only have about 3 clients who wax their upper leg, so don't get tons of practise They are quite hairy and a bit on the larger side, but blimey they're not yetis! So frustrated!!! :(

I do my full legs getting them to lay on their front, i do lower legs then the tops the flip them over and have them laying flat, lower legs again, then knees up i wax the knee and then pull their thigh toward me and wax the outer part then i move their leg down into the frog position and wax. I get them to hold their thigh whilst i wax and then repeat on the other leg. Are you getting your client to lay flat or semi reclined? I found flat easier as you can bend the leg more efficiently and they can hold more but you also get a natural stretch...also when they aren't watching i find they dont start putting their hands in my way :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you use any speed waxing techniques, i.e. laying columns of wax at once on the leg and removing it all with one strip? Any type of waxing takes time to get a hang of. When I first started doing Brazilians I had some 1 hour long appointments. 3 years later i'm down to 15 mins. It takes time and practice and one day it will just come to you.

I use roller wax, full hairy leg in 25mins max !

I have client flat on their back, speed wax lower legs, then knees. Move onto front of thighs and the outside of thigh. Bend leg into a '4'. Do inside thigh. This is where I have the most problems. I dont know if I'm just not stretching enough, no one has bruised so I think my technique is ok, most comes off but never all. So I end up going over. And yesterday I just non strip waxed what I couldn't get off. Then I get client to bring knee up, wax the bit under the bum, do the other thigh, then flip them and do back of legs.

My other waxing is fine. I dont know if I just don't get enough practise as I have so few clients who have full leg. My heart sinks when someone books in for full leg. I dread it. :(

Just sounds like practice hun 7 years of waxing i still hate full leg lol keep on doing what your doing. Inner thighs can be drier try a tiny tiny smidge of oil or lotion and i mean smallest amount :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks all. I do use oil already and PR wax. It's probably practise...ugh, I'd rather do brazilians all day long that thigh waxing. Lol

Latest posts

Back