upto date info on credit card machines and business accounts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Geeks,

As a Member of the Guild, you can take advantage of our special arrangement with Barclaycard which gives you rates of 1.65% for credit cards and 22p for debit cards. You must be a Guild Member, and there is also a set up fee of £150. These rates are based on turnovers of less than £100,000 a year. The rates are even better if you have a higher turnover.

You can become an Associate Member of the Guild for just £55 a year, or you can become a Full Member including our £2 million insurance cover for just £85 a year.

It all depends on the level of card transactions you do, but many members tell us that the savings they make with these rates more than cover the cost of their Guild Membership for the year!

If you are already a Guild Member, all you need to do is call Barclaycard on 0800 616161. You will need to quote them your membership number.

If you are not already a Guild Member, then you can join online at www.beautyguild.com or call our membership team on freephone 0800 288 9493.

Ok ladies,

So I'm looking to get a card machine and as I don't have a separate phone line to my building (it's separate from my house) I thought that the 123 send one would be ideal.

Could anyone send me the costs and exactly how it all works please???? I would ideally like to get this installed before xmas.

i have a mobile terminal through Silverpay, which is the same principle as the 123 send, It works via bluetooth to access the internet securly ...so you dont need a phone line and they come with a normal socket charger and a car charger too. They usually come fully set up so you are ready to take card payments right away (after you have charged the battery). I found Silverpay to be the best deal for me, as they do a 3 month contratct and the set up fee is £50....I have never had any probs at all with mine, and have definately found that my retail sales have gone up since having it. hths:hug:

i have a mobile terminal through Silverpay, which is the same principle as the 123 send, It works via bluetooth to access the internet securly ...so you dont need a phone line and they come with a normal socket charger and a car charger too. They usually come fully set up so you are ready to take card payments right away (after you have charged the battery). I found Silverpay to be the best deal for me, as they do a 3 month contratct and the set up fee is £50....I have never had any probs at all with mine, and have definately found that my retail sales have gone up since having it. hths:hug:
I used this when I was a taxi driver, same company but called silver cab:lol:
Never had any probs with them, found them very helpful and when i wanted to cancel, once again, no hidden costs or probs just cheerful help and a hope that I would think of them in the future.

Ok, thanks girls!!! I think I'll give them a call for some extra info ie. transaction charges, monthly rental etc unless those of you who use it could pm me these details.

I have put another idea into practice and that is to use Paypal for the time being to see how many clients will be happier to use card services than cash. It is slightly more difficult as you have to have a paypal account etc. but it might give me an idea!!!

SilverPay can offer full merchant status at very competitive rates also but what is unique about the fully managed service is everything is under one umbrella with on line statements,the ability to view transactions, uk based help desk with technical support with the terminal provided all from one company. It's simple to use and ideal for anyone new to the world of card acceptance. The offer of a 3 month minimum contract covers the party season and there is also a web based solution ideal for salons and home based business. This is offered free when a mobile terminal is taken giving the freedom to use the online card acceptance while the mobile terminal is out and about.
I hope this answers a few questions.
Helen x

Well, after loads and loads of telephone calls and research I have finally made my decision!!! I have decided to go with Silverpay as I feel that the 3 month minimum contract is great and, so far, their customer service has been outstanding! Also, I spoke to a couple of other geeks who use them and have never had any probs. :D

I emailed them my documents today and I have already been set up and my terminal will be with me on Weds!!! Now that really is quick!! :eek::eek: Both Helen and Mark who I have spoken to have been so helpful and I really feel that I've made the best choice.

So, so far so good. I would definitely recommend them on the service I've received so far. Keep it up guys! :hug:

I too have just signed up with Silverpay. After plenty of research these were my best option - particularly as I can take the terminal with me when I'm mobile which is a major plus.

I would reiterate that Helen and Mark have been very helpful - oh, and my customers have been very positive about it too!
x

am pleased to hear
ths , they also sent for what ever reason your terminal goes down then you simple phon ehem with the transaction details and the
y process for you, all ways you are covered i think, seems a good back up service.
Well, after loads and loads of telephone calls and research I have finally made my decision!!! I have decided to go with Silverpay as I feel that the 3 month minimum contract is great and, so far, their customer service has been outstanding! Also, I spoke to a couple of other geeks who use them and have never had any probs. :D

I emailed them my documents today and I have already been set up and my terminal will be with me on Weds!!! Now that really is quick!! :eek::eek: Both Helen and Mark who I have spoken to have been so helpful and I really feel that I've made the best choice.

So, so far so good. I would definitely recommend them on the service I've received so far. Keep it up guys! :hug:

Latest posts

Back