Urgent! Calling all Balmain extension geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theextensionist

Reaction score
Hi! I don't have my Balmain full color ring only the value pack ones. I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what the Balmain Auburn is kind of like on a normal color ring!? Like of you'd compare it is it more like a auburn 4 or 2? How dark is it and how much red is in it? My client has about a 2 but with a red tone. Any help would be much appreciated as to what the best color would be.

Like this.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334055033.825013.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334055033.825013.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 181
Hi.
On my balmain colour ring the 4 is much flatter a tone really compared to the 2.
Imo the 2 is as close to the above pic that you would get.Its deep and fairly rich in depth.
If i needed to colour match for the pic you supplied id def pick number 2 x
Hope this helps x

Thanks so much! And what is the auburn like and the #30?? Anyone?

Hi again!
No 30 on my colour ring is about 5/6 in base and quite warm,but copper warm rather than rich red warm.
I dont have one thats specifically called auburn but i guess #33 and #133 are both auburn in tone but lighter depths.
Sorri if it doesnt help much,we all have different ideas on what we class as rich/warm/auburn lol.x

Thank you! She has quite a few different colors in her hair so ordered some auburn and some 33 as well as the #2. Hopefully that will work out ok!

Sorry hun I'm away at the mo so don't have my colour ring, but I added a few pack of #33 to base colours a couple of times to jazz them up and it works really well x

Hi everyone! Thanks for your help. I thought I'd share what I did in the end. I got mostly #2 and then ordered #33 but it wasn't a good match and quite light more a base #4 or even #6. So I got some 4 and dyed them an auburn colour and added about 5 packs of that throughout. Balmain don't have an auburn colour its AUBERGINE! Haha. I couldn't see the full name on the website. As Balmain didn't have an auburn one like I wanted so has to dye it and put a toner in all. I know guarantee doesn't cover then but honestly never has anyone complain. Here's photos of before and after:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334832080.888601.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334832080.888601.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 163
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334832264.159593.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334832264.159593.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 486
Fab hair.
Ive often had to colour extensions especially the blondes in balmain pre bonds as they are never quite blonde enough!
Ive never had any problems with the hair quality either so havent worried about colouring them.
x

Hi everyone! Thanks for your help. I thought I'd share what I did in the end. I got mostly #2 and then ordered #33 but it wasn't a good match and quite light more a base #4 or even #6. So I got some 4 and dyed them an auburn colour and added about 5 packs of that throughout. Balmain don't have an auburn colour its AUBERGINE! Haha. I couldn't see the full name on the website. As Balmain didn't have an auburn one like I wanted so has to dye it and put a toner in all. I know guarantee doesn't cover then but honestly never has anyone complain. Here's photos of before and after:

Hi there - love the before and after pics! How many bond did you use there?

I have worked in a salon for 10years and used to use Great Lengths hair extensions and i had them in my own hair for my wedding too - i loved them - but i have recently left hairdressing for a break but am keeping up at home with friends and family - i am looking into trying out balmain hair extensions - i have seen them in Sallys hair and beauty - are these good quality and how long would you say a full head would last for before needing in-fills?

Hope you dont mind me hi-jacking your thread, but love the results you have achieved there!

Thanks xx

Absolutely stunning! Xx

Latest posts

Back