Urgent Help : Goldwell Colour Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJade

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Using Goldwell Colour Remover for the first time ever tonight!

Ive read the instructions, and it seems to all be mumble jumble!

How do you use it?

I have a client with a deep red, who just wants to banish it in time for her wedding next Saturday!

Any tips or tricks?

And, how long does it usually take you to use?

Thank you so much in advance!

Natalie

xx

Hey Hun I'm a die hard Goldwell fan but I don't recon much to there colour remover I find it very harsh with not much result I prefer Paul Mitchell backtrack or loreal effasor :) x

Hey Hun I'm a die hard Goldwell fan but I don't recon much to there colour remover I find it very harsh with not much result I prefer Paul Mitchell backtrack or loreal effasor :) x

Couldnt find the effasor erasor in Capital today, and asked the unhelpful woman, who just told me it would be "on that shelf somewhere.."

So no luck..

Im left with Goldwell :( :( ,, xx

I dont believe the colour remover is harsh, as there are no harsh chemicals are in it, especially comparing to effasor which is the most over priced bleach powder ive ever come accross! Never heard of backtrack so cant comment there, removers are great but the best one is affinage, goldwell will suffice for you though... Does it have the post treatment solution? X

Also what are you aiming for and have u got enough for more than one application?

I dont believe the colour remover is harsh, as there are no harsh chemicals are in it, especially comparing to effasor which is the most over priced bleach powder ive ever come accross! Never heard of backtrack so cant comment there, removers are great but the best one is affinage, goldwell will suffice for you though... Does it have the post treatment solution? X

Also what are you aiming for and have u got enough for more than one application?
Effasor is amazing if you use majirel afterwords I tried Goldwell colour remover and it was awfull my rep and educator both said its not one of there strongest products x

Effasor is amazing if you use majirel afterwords I tried Goldwell colour remover and it was awfull my rep and educator both said its not one of there strongest products x

by all means effasor strips colour out, but so would platine if you mixed it with water and shampoo and it not £7 for an application....goldwell colour remover is probably the worst one the market, but id use it over something that will damage hair anyday...you jut have to understand how it works to get everything out of it, and most hairdressers use products without a clue of actually how they work which is why u dont get the results you're after....

Colour removers, shrink the artifitial molecule of colour so it is small enough to be wahed out of the hair, which is why the rinsning and shampooing part is the most important because you need to get all the colour out so there isn't any remaining to reoxidise and darken, sometimes this is impossible without a second application, depends on the build up.

All you have to do is scrub really hard when u shampoo, and use a really cleansing shampoo and if there is a post solution you must use this to prevent reoxidisation , if not then you must make one with warm water and 20vol... :O)

I do think effasor is over priced but it's worth it it works and using majirel over the top reverses any damage caused because it replaces the ionene g wich is the protein effasor removes.. If I had a choice I'd use backtrack but it's hard to get hold of x

I do think effasor is over priced but it's worth it it works and using majirel over the top reverses any damage caused because it replaces the ionene g wich is the protein effasor removes.. If I had a choice I'd use backtrack but it's hard to get hold of x

i dont think majirel is as conditioning as they make you think, they are all talk...the only colour you could use that would actually recondition after effasor would be inoa but still not loads.

I once used effasor to colour cleanse and followed with majirel...exactly following ever intruction given by a loreal colour tech... this was 1 n half/2 years ago, and her hair is still f***ed

used it once since then, not such a bad result but still very damaged

Affinage Erasor is the top in the world....give it a go if you can get your hands on it....more affordable than effasor and it leaves the hair in better condition after, than before you started :)

i dont think majirel is as conditioning as they make you think, they are all talk...the only colour you could use that would actually recondition after effasor would be inoa but still not loads.

I once used effasor to colour cleanse and followed with majirel...exactly following ever intruction given by a loreal colour tech... this was 1 n half/2 years ago, and her hair is still f***ed

used it once since then, not such a bad result but still very damaged

Affinage Erasor is the top in the world....give it a go if you can get your hands on it....more affordable than effasor and it leaves the hair in better condition after, than before you started :)
I don't find effasor to bad not as bad as some colour removers. I've heard amazing things about affinage eraser what's it like ? X

I don't find effasor to bad not as bad as some colour removers. I've heard amazing things about affinage eraser what's it like ? X

It's great, but as i said earlier, anyone can use it but to get the most out of it, reasearch into how it works so you can fully understand its uses!

There's a new one on the market called blondi rae, which comes in pumps and similarly priced to affinage, but im yet to try it and i dont think, from what ive read, it's as conditioning as affinage, but it wouldn't damage the hair either :)

It's great, but as i said earlier, anyone can use it but to get the most out of it, reasearch into how it works so you can fully understand its uses!

There's a new one on the market called blondi rae, which comes in pumps and similarly priced to affinage, but im yet to try it and i dont think, from what ive read, it's as conditioning as affinage, but it wouldn't damage the hair either :)

From what I've seen it's quite the same results but Blondie is more expensive, not used either yet though but think I'm gona give the affinage one a try :) xx

Well the good news is, I used the Goldwell! Although, needed two boxes in total, as one wasnt enough to cover the hair.

Washed out thoroughly.

And, applied the brown..

And it is lovely! Cant believe I havent discovered Goldwell Colour Remover before!!!

Thanks Guys for all of the help

xxx

Latest posts

Back