Urgent Help needed for approaching School about Proms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estelle A

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a school just round the corner from my salon and the 5th Year have there Prom in May...

Tomorrow im going to ring the School secretary and arrange to go in and have a chat to her about offering Acrylic Nails...

I dont really want to do these on 16 year olds but if i dont then they are going to go to the NSS Salons inm town... and they are wrecking nails....

What should I say.... Should I do a deal for them and what could I hand out to the girls....

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I would do a nice poster advertising your services and ask the school if you could put your poster up on a notice board.

I don't see anything wrong with advertising your services to 16 year olds at all.

I'm certainly going to be doing this shortly. My sister in law works at the High School and a couple of my clients work their too so it shouldn't be a problem putting a poster up.

Best of luck that you get some business from it.

personally Estelle

I think this is a very mature response.
Far too many of these girls get terrible nails done as a "one off" are not told how to care for them or have them removed. This often leads a whole new generation to say "fake nails ruin your nails...." grrrrrrrrr

I still think party nails/ temporary nails suit most of these girls rather than full on overlay.

lol i'm 18.. and i've had reallllly realllly bad experiences with acrylics.. they sand blasted my natural nail bed and it really hurt.. they cut me too, and there was glue left all over my hands lol this has happened to me on several occasions.. i would have LOVED for someone like you to help me out.. i say go for it! the girls will appreciate it.

Envy said:
personally Estelle

I think this is a very mature response.
Far too many of these girls get terrible nails done as a "one off" are not told how to care for them or have them removed. This often leads a whole new generation to say "fake nails ruin your nails...." grrrrrrrrr

I still think party nails/ temporary nails suit most of these girls rather than full on overlay.

What would you class as party/temporary nails?

this sounds like a really good idea and wouldn't mind doing it myself to be honest

fab idea estelle - why not do a special offer just for the school and perhaps include the removal of them too?? that way - they are happy, their parents are happy (you might even get a few bookings from their mums) xx

I spoke to the school and explained what I wanted to do... they said they havent got time to see me as they are breaking up this week....

But if i give them the flyers and the posters they will put them up and give them out to the girls for me....and they said they appreciate me calling and doing this...

I said I will also print some bits off the net and enclose it as well regarding NSS Salons so they can read it and understand it alot more...

Im going to give the other school a bell too and speak to them...

Im really concerned about these girls going there...

Yeah im going to put on the flyer to include free soak off if wanted..

Go for it I get alot of girls through my 16 year old daughter and its quite surprising how good they are at looking after their nails and they listen to all the advice you give them.
I have to say that I do give them a discount as I feel its alot of money for a teenager to pay but I make sure they book their next appointment before they leave I have never not had someone not turn up:hug:

We'll be doing a Prom special (May / June), which will include either a full set l/p or gel and a spray tan or a full set of party nails (tips and resin) and a spray tan at a discounted rate.

Prom season has been busy for the last 2 years for me with nails and spray tans....it's their special night and the girls all go to town with their outfits, hair, limos etc and the nails and tans don't get left behind either.

Totally agree about them going to the NSS for their possible first nail experience...we don't want that do we, so doing a special could be a way of introducing them to nails Geek style!

mamma said:
What would you class as party/temporary nails?

this sounds like a really good idea and wouldn't mind doing it myself to be honest

As Cathie said,

party nails are generally tips with resin to strengthen them.

Basically they are a tip, blended right in, and then given a small amount of additional structure, such as a gel finishing top coat.

Then you can enamel them and away they go. Nice light, softer on natural nail temporary solution ;)

Envy said:
As Cathie said,

Basically they are a tip, blended right in, and then given a small amount of additional structure, such as a gel finishing top coat.

Then you can enamel them and away they go. Nice light, softer on natural nail temporary solution ;)

surely these wouldn't last 5 mins with only the gel finishing top coat i would have thought anyway.

Wouldn't they just ping off at the slightest amount of pressure.

Only intended to last day or so, not a full enhancement service.

Envy said:
As Cathie said,

I've done these on a few brides as well & they've managed to get over a week out of them! I don't do them very long however :)

I not sure if it was this month or last month on Nails Mag. There's an article saying that there's NOTHING wrong with doing nails to little kids besides the maintaining since they're so active. But besides that...yah....nothing's wrong. It doesn't do them any harm.

... I love the idea of the free removal!

Good luck,

Kx

Well dropped off the letter with article backing up what I mentioned about NSS.. Also the leaflets and posters.. All saying about FREE SAFE REMOVAL after the prom...

So lets see how it goes... the woman on reception was interested for her too so thats good..

Going to talk to the other school as well and see what they do..

Latest posts

Back