Urgent help please with volume lash training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have been lashing for more than a year now and got regular clients who hardly have any lashes so they are really willing to get volume lashes done next year.
I am booking a training for volume lash with francis in Kent (the best) but is it true u have to be very perfect In classics before heading to volume ?
I have a limited budget and can only afford either volume or advance training in classics .
I am good at them but not the best but I really want to invest in volume and because I have my regular clients ready to be guinea pig for me so I am happy to try my volume sets on them as well as well as on dummy.
Please suggest me !! Thank you xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I did my volume lash training earlier this year after training in classic lashes about 6 years ago, I would say you just have to make sure you can isolate the natural lash with one hand/set of tweezers really well, be prepared for a whole set to take at least twice the amount of time as classics at first and if you don't have great eyesight you may find it quite tricky! I wouldn't do the training if you're not confident in the classic lashes but if you have lots of guinea pigs that will be a great help! This is just my experience though, good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)

As a volume trainer I would advise that you are a very confident classic lash technician before learning volume. Volume is hard to master and without good classic skills you will really struggle and will be a waste of your money x

Thanks. Would love to hear from others as well plzzz

If you are confident in your isolation and work in a timely manner already with your classics you should be fine. Volume training is like starting all over again but if you have basics of isolation and placement down to a fine art you will have a good head start. Looking at eye shapes, bone structures and styling are the also what's needed as these have a huge impact on the end result of volume lash sets so start to have a look at these a lot more now in your classic sets in preparation. Good luck :)

If you are confident in your isolation and work in a timely manner already with your classics you should be fine. Volume training is like starting all over again but if you have basics of isolation and placement down to a fine art you will have a good head start. Looking at eye shapes, bone structures and styling are the also what's needed as these have a huge impact on the end result of volume lash sets so start to have a look at these a lot more now in your classic sets in preparation. Good luck :)

Thanks alot. I m not very perfect in thembut i do end up doing neater sets. I m doing them for 9 monthz and people are happy so thot to upgrade .
I thought to go for classic upgrade first for advance course but i m in a position to pay for either one , volume or classic upgrade.
M i right ?

I trained in advanced first which helped me immensely with styling, confidence and speed. However volume was not over here then and not many advanced courses to be honest. It will be an individual chose which you want to go for but if you want to know as much as possible I would do both and you've covered all aspects and if you love lashing you will enjoy both as they are very different courses teaching different methods :)

Latest posts

Back