Urgent help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
Hi All
I Have a big problem

I did a set of gel nails the other day with white tips, the girl phoned me today to say the gel was coming away from the sides like it was cracking as if it had air under it?? the others are ok but look as if they will go the same way. the actual tips are still in place.

1) what have a done wrong is it too much gel nr the cuticles

2) she is coming tommorow how can i resolve it, do i just file/buff down and relay

thanks in advance

Hi All
I Have a big problem

I did a set of gel nails the other day with white tips, the girl phoned me today to say the gel was coming away from the sides like it was cracking as if it had air under it?? the others are ok but look as if they will go the same way. the actual tips are still in place.

1) what have a done wrong is it too much gel nr the cuticles

2) she is coming tommorow how can i resolve it, do i just file/buff down and relay

thanks in advance

What Gel are you using?

I just checked your profile.... it says you are a Trainee.. which product are you training with?

Hi

I am using salon system clear gel, have used on others and not had a problem so not sure if it is becasue i used white tips instead of my usual clear.

buffed over the white tip b4 applying bonder etc

Hi

I am using salon system clear gel, have used on others and not had a problem so not sure if it is becasue i used white tips instead of my usual clear.

buffed over the white tip b4 applying bonder etc

white tips and gel can be tricky...did you remove the shine from the white tips first...??...thouroughly..??

who you doing your training with ?

Some gels wont cure properly over white tips, you would be better off to master using a clear tip and white gel for the french or a sculpting white gel.

I know

at the time it seemed like a good idea but after i thought if she comes back for a rebalance it will be harder to get it to look that neat than if i had just used white gel.

we live and learn

BUT what shall i do when she comes back tommorow

I'd take down the gel on the tips and re-do with white gel so they're all the same and you know she's not going to be on the phone every day saying another ones gone like it. Like you say, you live and learn. Don't forget to take the shine off the white tips with your file/buffer, gel won't stick to a shiny surface hth x

salon system? is that a file off?

I'd say the cracking could be lifting maybe and/or POCKET lifting....take a look at the following just doing a bit of trouble shooting?!

Did you prep properly?
What condition were her nails in before you applied the product?
Did you remove the shine from the nail plate?
Does it require a bonder?
Did you WIPE in between layers?
Did you really WORK in the first layer of gel?
Did you go too close to the cuticle/lateral folds
Did you cure in the correct lamp?
Did you remove the shine from the white tips?
Were they too long? / imbalanced?
Did you build up the stress area/sidewalls enough?
Has she been prising/picking at the gel?

Let us know how you get on !

Amb x

Latest posts

Back