Urgent help! Tan not taken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salzgirlie

Reaction score
Hey - I have tanned lots of people. I use Fresh Indulgence and have never had a complaint.

I always text my clients the day after just to make sure they are happy and hers has not taken. She was really lovely about it but I have offered to go and re-spray tonight.

She said she followed all my before care advice. I really am baffled.

Any reason why??

I am taking my 11.5% Caribbean Indulgence and will add DHA drops to try and make it darker but any tips?? I sprayed 2 people at the same appointment and the other clients has taken so I know I have done it right.

xx

hiya this is the same thing that happened to me a few months back lol, i did 3 people at one booking and the following day the 1 said it all washed off and she got no tan lol, this i think is impossible as the guide colour was there so i just put it down to the fact that the colour wasn't dark enough as she had 10% sienna x so she could have gone for a 12%. i offered to redo or refund and she didnt take either so was no more i could do.:confused:

There are only a few things that could be wrong.

1) There was a barrier on her skin that stoped the tan being absorbed. This could be anything including but not limited to, shower gel residue to a moisturiser or possibly a sideffect of medication.

2) The solution is totally gone off (not the case here as you used the same solution on another client and that developed fine).

3) The lady is DHA resistant and will have trouble tanning even with a high percent solution.

It sounds to me like she might have a tan, but it's not as dark as she was expecting.

Before offering refunds or redo's you need to see the tan line yourself to assess the situation.

Lots of people get used to the colour of the guide and then at wash off are dissapointed at their actual colour. These clients will want to go up a percent or 2 (depending on what solution you use & if you use booster drops) when they have their next tan.

There are only a few things that could be wrong.

1) There was a barrier on her skin that stoped the tan being absorbed. This could be anything including but not limited to, shower gel residue to a moisturiser or possibly a sideffect of medication.

2) The solution is totally gone off (not the case here as you used the same solution on another client and that developed fine).

3) The lady is DHA resistant and will have trouble tanning even with a high percent solution.

It sounds to me like she might have a tan, but it's not as dark as she was expecting.

Before offering refunds or redo's you need to see the tan line yourself to assess the situation.

Lots of people get used to the colour of the guide and then at wash off are dissapointed at their actual colour. These clients will want to go up a percent or 2 (depending on what solution you use & if you use booster drops) when they have their next tan.

Thanks Baggybear. I was in the area doing a waxing client so popped in for a respray. I looked at the tanning line first and it had taken but was really faint. She was really nice about it so I resprayed and went up 2% with booster drops to 13.5%. I use Fresh Indulgence and have never had a complaint so this threw me a bit. She paid me again aswell (after a 5 minute stand off of me refusing to take the money!).

She text this morning saying it looked lovely and had taken. Phew . . . xx

Latest posts

Back