Urgent help with gelish!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrchidB

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Gelish now since March, absolutely love it!! BUT!!! many of my regular and non-reg clients have been on holiday and were very disappointed that they did not last for the two wk's!!! I asked what happened and they said that they just literately fell off/came away!! I have been left feeling very confused and utterly gutted as I have had to re-do for free!!! On Facebook someone mentioned suncream with DEET added in, can anyone shed some light, or give advice on clients heading abroad! thanks :irked:

Hi, I personally had the same problem on myself and was really annoyed:irked:. My toe nails stayed on perfect but my finger nails were off within two days.
I wasnt using sun cream and the only thing I did different while away was swim in a swimming pool. So im not sure if the chlorine had something to do with it :-(

I know this wont help you much, but just thought it might be an idea. Hopefully someone will have some more clues.

I honestly think it varies with clients and aftercare etc. I've had a client go to the Maldives for 3 weeks, I saw her after 4 and they were perfect...aside from growth! I've had other clients say the same as yours...fell off within days.

Mind you, not sure I believe that they fall off! Get too dry and peel maybe....

When I done my Gelish course a few weeks ago we were warned that DEET in sunscreen and mosquito spray and cause dullness of Gelish and were advised to wash hands after use.
Also as chlorine abroad can be different to what we are used to that can also affect Gelish.
But unfortunately I cannot remember why chlorine affects Gelish....

Aw girls thanks so much for quick replies!! I ment to say that all toes were perfect so that made it even more confusing!! But me being me, i feel the clients pay a lot and i don't want to loose them, so am re-doing them for free!! My mum used suncream ect but hers were perfect! its very annoying when your bum'ing a product up for clients to be wearing them for a few days instead of 3 weeks as promised by Harmony!! I just don't know what to say to clients when they tell me what has happened!! xx

I done my sis in laws nails with Gelish the other day. And even though she used gloves when gardening, cleaning etc, 3 days later two nails had chipped.
I do cleaning and ironing as a job and I have had no problem with my Gelish at all and I never wear gloves.....
I think (but dont know for certain, just my opinion) that however good a product is it doesnt suit everyone.

Maybe a silly question, but are you using nail bond to start? & which base/top coat are you using? X

Maddison, i am with you! how come some people they last 4 weeks and others are just hopeless, i myself can't wear them long but we are using acetone and removers, we have a slight excuse!! Jings ma memory getting worse, think the other person is birdgirl......yes i use the whole system, right down to paying 250.00 quid for the lamp!! the gelish promise non CHIP non PEEL, well am sorry but they really cant promise this when in-fact it does sometimes go belly up xx

I felt really bad when it happened to my sis in law as I had been singing the praises of Gelish and she had seen my nails and was so excited.
She went camping at the weekend, after I had redone her Gelish chipped nails, and she texted to say that even though she had broken most of her nails the Gelish was the only thing holding them together, ha ha. Before Gelish she had had Acrylic Nails.
Her nails are not strong nails, they peel easily and break easily.
We removed Gelish as she was tempted to start peeling it off after breaking her nails and she is now using Solar Oil on her natural nails and we are going from there.
My son (a 16 year old heavy metal fan) wanted purple Gelish (like the singers in heavy metal bands wear) and he had bitten his nails badly. I put gelish on for him. Removed it bout 10 days later simply as his nails had grown so fast and he hadnt chipped it at all. And he is your typical rough and tumble lad. And i cannot believe how quick his nails have grown and they are in great condition. So great he is now attempting to bite them again as he has never had any nail at the free edge.....I know this has nothing to do with original post and I know I go on and on and on....but he is my success story, ha ha xx

I have this customer whom i did a set of gelish " Go Girl" on 25/6,today I received a call from her today saying that there are discoloration.
Have anyone of face with such problem?

I too have had fading with go girl after 2 weeks really changes colour:sad:

Marking this for later x

NailBoutique, my sister had the same problem applied go girl with vegas nights over the top and i did a bit of nail art with passion, passion and vegas nights still perfect and the go girl was white!

We phoned nail harmony this morning and they said quite a few people have had the same problem with go girl and are sending us a new one out ASAP and taking the old one with them. So perhaps giving them a call and hopefully they will do the same for you x

Siobhan@real,thank you for your suggestion. Will speak to my local supplier see if they can do an exchange.

Maddison, i am with you! how come some people they last 4 weeks and others are just hopeless, i myself can't wear them long but we are using acetone and removers, we have a slight excuse!! Jings ma memory getting worse, think the other person is birdgirl......yes i use the whole system, right down to paying 250.00 quid for the lamp!! the gelish promise non CHIP non PEEL, well am sorry but they really cant promise this when in-fact it does sometimes go belly up xx

We have the gellish colours in, our main system is entity, but our rep recommended them as they r cheaper & added more choice of colours, however said they ain't the same quality but as long as we use our entity base & top coat & primer there fine, & we've had no probs, only diff I find is u need more like 3/4 coats to get a strong colour. Hope this helps xx

Also with the lamp, we get a 36w off e bay, for £20 it's great, had a 100+ hours out of it & have just ordered 2 new ones as we've abbused it that much lol the bulbs have gone & a loose wire so cheaper to buy a new one then replace bulbs :) x

I have this issue too... does the heat just lift the gelish ...???

As Gelish is a soak off gel polish, i'm sure there are things such as Deet that can cause some problems with Gelish. It has to allow certain products (acetone) to absorb to break down the Gelish so i'm sur ethere are other things that could to.

I definately do not think the problems your clients have been having is to do with the heat or the swimming pool..... surely if this was the case it would have made their toes peel too?

The only thing that i can think of is they have had contact with some sort of product that has caused the gelish to fade or lift or the clients have been having a jolly time on holiday and messed their nails up themselves.

Gelish doesnt suit everyone, no product does, but for most it is chip free and lasts happily for 3 weeks. Have these clients been Gelished before their holiday without problems or was it their first time? :D xxxx

I agree with MissOwen.

Deet can be found not only in insect repellent but also in some sun creams and afer-sun creams. This would affect every type of nail enhancement, gel polish, nail wrap and nail polish.

Put Deet or products containing Deet on a varnished table and it will remove the varnish! This product breaks down plastic!!

Your clients are less likely to get these products on their feet than their fingers, which is why you see more problem on their fingers.

It has nothing to do with heat, the sun or swimming pool additives. Lots of people live in hot climates and wear gel polish/nail enhancements/nail polish/nail wraps etc. without problems.

Latest posts

Back