Urgent help.... yellow roots, orange hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n@iledit

Reaction score
I have box coloured my hair for years and today I wanted to prelighten my dark brown hair and apply a medium warm brown... As lately my roots are darker than ends and midlenghts but it's gone as the title says :( yellow roots and orange ends, I popped it on mid lengths and ends for 20min then onto roots again for 20 mins as the box instructed!!! It's bank hol Monday tmra so no wher open to correct my mess I have popped over from the nail geeks and have clients all day tues can't be seen like this :((( please any advice guys please please please waaaa ahaaaa whaaaaa xx

I have box coloured my hair for years and today I wanted to prelighten my dark brown hair and apply a medium warm brown... As lately my roots are darker than ends and midlenghts but it's gone as the title says :( yellow roots and orange ends, I popped it on mid lengths and ends for 20min then onto roots again for 20 mins as the box instructed!!! It's bank hol Monday tmra so no wher open to correct my mess I have popped over from the nail geeks and have clients all day tues can't be seen like this :((( please any advice guys please please please waaaa ahaaaa whaaaaa xx

Go to a salon. You will now have to pay for a correction. Im very sorry I have no sympathy, disasters will happen when you play around with stuff you dont understand!!

Oh I'm soooo glad us nail tech's arnt sooo bitchy, I asked for advice not to be patronized! And did you not read the post above???!! A hairdresser I know has given me advice to get my acceptable before work tmra, along with a box coloring lesson learnt talk with handful or so of tact which you have none of.... Spk to clients that way I'll have none left!!!!!!

I'm no hair geek but I'd be really wary of doing anything else to your hair until someone professional has had a chance to look at it - can you maybe get a fashionable hairscarf or something to wrap your hair up in? I've done this recently when our shower pump died and I had to survive for a weekend without being able to wash my hair! Eurgh! Pretty scarf and some hair pins will get it out of the way and hide it till you can get it corrected :)

hi tinxy, thanks for the advice but i have a mobile hairresser helping me out today PHEW :) couldnt be seen with hair like this :-0

professionals should support each other

nail geeks are just as bitchy when people are messing around untrained in things nail related.

Go to a salon. You will now have to pay for a correction. Im very sorry I have no sympathy, disasters will happen when you play around with stuff you dont understand!!

I see no bitchiness at all in this reply.

Just honest advice from a hair professional.

I am very disapointed that this thread then turned into nail geeks against hair geeks:irked: and I don't see that giving advice the OP does not want to hear as being bitchy no matter the forum.

We are all professionals in our chosen fields and should behave as such.

The Consumer Queries forum is not about handing out advice to DIYers to do their own hair/nails/whatever and a fellow pro should have realised that a Hair pro is never going to advise buying another over the counter product to 'fix' one that went wrong.

I know I would never advise a nail client to get a Rio Kit to fix her own nails ;)

Either way the question has been asked...and answered and I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back