Urgent Ideas Needed Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I was asked yesterday to do a charity stall tomorow evening!! Short notice or what?

Anyway, the 150 ladies will be paying a £15 entrance fee to a pamper evening where none of the stall holders will be able to charge, so its just to sample your stuff and hear about local businesses.

I can do sample nails - no problem. I thought I would take along a range of products just for people to look at so they can see what I normally sell. Hand creams for people to try, price lists, my diary in case anyone want to make a booking. But what else?

Since I am not charging I am not keen to do paint and files for nothing, and I will be using my own products, or do you think I am being mean?

Anyone got any ideas. I don't work on Mondays so I have tomorrow to prepare. I would be really grateful for any ideas.

hi, i have a similar thing coming up. I will be taking my nail art display, before and after photo's and plenty of retail items ( cant charge for doing a service but if people want to buy a product thats different) as much visual stuff as you can lay your hands on to show people what you do and what you are about. hth

laneypants said:
.and plenty of retail items ( cant charge for doing a service but if people want to buy a product thats different)

I hadn't thought of that, I will have to ring the organiser tomorrow and ask if this is OK. Thanks for that. Any more ideas anyone?

Plenty of leaflets and literature but i would be inclinded to do some cutcile work on people so they can see exacly how much stuff grows on their natural nails and then just a quick buff,

I would do a mini mani and polish demo on a couple of ladies so that they can see what can be achieved. You need to speculate to accumulate. Have your portfolio with you with before and after shots and some products on display which you can give a small commentary on and tell them why the products you have are so highly recommended. Good luck!:Love:

Hi,

I did a fund raiser for a local school which was a similar set up they paid a fee to get in so there was no charge once inside.

I did some fun nail art demo's with my trusty airbrush as it was much quicker than hand painted nail art and got an awful lot of bookings from both children and parents for a range of treatments, not just nail art:wink2:

I also did a small raffle which only included trial sizes of bits and pieces and some nail art decals. The ones that won the raffle now come back to me for the same products as well as getting friends to purchase products after the event as well :biggrin:

How about a hand and arm massage..that doesnt use much in the way of products and is very pampering.

Hi you could offer discounts for anyone that books an appointment with you on the night. Even if its small, people really like feeling like they have got a bargin. I offer things to my clients like if 2 friends book at the same time they get a bit more discount and I do loyalty schemes and stuff, it gives them an insentive to book regular not all people do.

Thanks, you guys rock, you've given me loads of ideas.

My poor printer is working overtime at the moment printing leaflets.

I just rang the organiser and I can indeed sell products, so that makes a huge difference to what I will take with me. I am so glad I asked here because it never occured to me that I could do that.

Latest posts

Back