Urgh, hair splinter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one in my eyeball! It scratched all my eye and was all blood shot, was so painful to even blink! Yuck the worst thing is imagining who's hair it is.... Especially if it keeps growing back from your tummy I'd imagine lol... 😂 x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

My boss had to have 16 weeks off work due to hair in her hand , she had a tiny pin hole in between her second and third finger which built up tiny splinters of hair in , it became infected ,literally over night her hand swelled up , she went to a+e they had to cut her hand open , dig the hair out and they packed as it was left an open wound , it was nasty !

Didn't realise hair splinters were so bad !!! So much for it being a myth I've deffo learnt all about them now ! Yuk !! X

My boss had to have 16 weeks off work due to hair in her hand , she had a tiny pin hole in between her second and third finger which built up tiny splinters of hair in , it became infected ,literally over night her hand swelled up , she went to a+e they had to cut her hand open , dig the hair out and they packed as it was left an open wound , it was nasty !

Eeeewww

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't know if it's because I'm an apprentice and deal with the cleaning side of things but I get hair splinters in my hands all the time.

No matter how hot it is I never wear flip flops now can't be doing with the painful hair splinter! I had one imbedded in my side one time and I'm sure if I didn't pluck it out it would've become permanent and taken like a hair transplant! Made me gag!

i had one in the heal of my foot (how i dont know!!) and my foot was hurting so bad i was concidering using crutches, it wasnt until a week later my nan (used to be a hairdresser) mentioned hair splinter, the hubby pulled it out. it was a mess and by god so damned painful!!!!!:suprised:

yep, and they bloody hurt. was like walking on a needle. Wait till you get one embedded in your nipple!

Haha took the words out of my mouth! X

I've had one in my nipple too! Ouch! But your gum??? Haha! 😝😝

Ouch yes ive also had a nipple one!!

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Thankfully the kind of hair I remove is stuck to a wax strip :wink2:, but I do get them from my dogs in my foot and it's agony :Scared: so I feel for all you hairdressers!!

Latest posts

Back