SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facialsbyandrea

Reaction score
From the Ohio State board site:
In any licensed salon or barber shop, the service area shall be equipped with properly maintained commercial exhaust fans or air filtration equipment that is compliant with local and state commercial building codes."

When I asked the state board what that meant their reply was:

It means simply that our rules require that the service area of each salon and/or barber shop be equipped with properly maintained commercial exhaust fans or air filtration equipment and that you must check with local and state building code authorities to find out the specifications of that equipment based of the type of business you are opening.

They further replied with:

You must contact your local and state building authorities for that information. Our rules simply require that you have it and that it be up to state and local building codes. For any other advisement at this point, you will need to seek personal legal counsel.

Judging by those specific requirements would the space in looking at work? It is a studio with base board heating and a window AC. I've never never worked in a spa inside a facial room that had any specific exhaust systems.

Hi, Welcome to the SalonGeek, I just wanted to point out that we are a UK based website, and although we do have members from the USA, there are not many, and probably not many with the specific information you are looking for. I didn't want you to be wondering why you were potentially getting no responses.

I'm not sure what to recommend for you, hopefully one of the USA geeks will be along soon to help

Oh my goodness I feel like such a dip thank you for letting me know. I had no idea

Oh my goodness I feel like such a dip thank you for letting me know. I had no idea

Don‘t worry about it, as @Trinity has said, perhaps one of the few USA geeks we have registered may still be able to help :)

Awww! Don't feel daft, you're very welcome to hang out and maybe help other Stateside techs's that might pop in

Latest posts

Back