Used acetone disposal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
Hi, I usually only use acetone on wraps as I mainly do gelish. Just wondered when doing a soak off of acrylics when mobile what is the best way to dispose I the used acetone?

The best way I have found is to soak the remaining Acetone up with Kitchen Roll then pop into a nappy sack and place in the clients outside wheelie bin or place in my metal lidded bin until I get home then put in my wheelie bin.

I always soak it up with kitchen roll, wrap it in several plastic bags and take it home to put in my wheelie bin. I never put chemical waste in a clients bin, either inside or outside. Someone may pop a cigarette but in it and WHOOSH! :eek:

I always soak it up with kitchen roll, wrap it in several plastic bags and take it home to put in my wheelie bin. I never put chemical waste in a clients bin, either inside or outside. Someone may pop a cigarette but in it and WHOOSH! :eek:

Same thing could happen in your own bin :confused:
The chances of it catching fire is slim not impossible but as most of the acetone will have evaporated through the plastic as it is porous there won't be much there to ignite.

I am mobile and i never leave anything at my clients home. I wipe away all dust etc. When i use acetone I soak it up with tissue and take it away with me.

Julie x

yep i soak up with kitchen roll, and put it into nappy sacks and tie up. I also do this straight away with the monomer. i always carry nappy sacks.x

Latest posts

Back