Using all of the spraytan solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailroom

Reaction score
If all the spraytan solution has not all been used, as I have just one screwcup...is it possible to return it to the main bottle of solution, or would this cause any contamination, the same as not returning used monomer to the bottle???

Also when I use a small amount, taking it out with a pipette, I wash the pipette after usage but if there is any residue water (although I try to get a much out as possible) would this just dilute the colour very slighty or cause a problem Cheers!

Last edited:
You should not pour unused solution back into the main bottle but you can keep it in an airtight container (like a jam jar) clearly marked so you know what % it is. Then use it when you next need that % next (you do need to keep it in same conditions as your main bottle though - in a cool, dark place).

I dont think a teeny amount of water left in a pipette would make any real diference to the solution.

I always pour my solution back into the bottle and have never had any problems with my solution. Also, it usually has a better seal than the screw cups with the lids which often leak xxx

Me to! When I had my training was told it was fine x

Yep I was also told in my training to pour it bk in the bottle, never had any probes :) x

I always pour my solution back into the bottle and have never had any problems with my solution. Also, it usually has a better seal than the screw cups with the lids which often leak xxx

Agreed. Solution bottles also aren't clear so any sunlight is stopped from affecting the solution. As long as you are putting the same solution back into the bottle it came from, this is what I would recommend as well.

Yep ,always poured it back into the bottle...double checking its the right bottle!

I'm surprised at how many of you pour back into the main bottle.

I never do as I have 7 cups and that is enough to be able to leave the bit of solution that is left after a tan in there until next time I need it (all cups are marked on the bottom with it's %) and I dont waste any solution at all this way - each time you empty the cup you throw away the bit that catches in the lip of the 5008's cups.

I was told during training not to pour back into main bottle becasue the added opening and closing of the bottle shortens it's shelf life by introducing lots of air and the risk of pouring a solution that has got too warm into your main bottle also means you risk turning the whole bottle green instead of only loosing the small amount.

I keep all my cups with my main solution and it being already in individual cups means I can just grab the correct cup and pack it ready for a booked tan.

Latest posts

Back