Using coloured acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
I love seeing work using coloured acrylic and line cutting but I hate soaking off plus I can't imagine people would pay for the time used to soak off when in filling.

I generally take 50/60 minutes for a full set of acrylics with polish.

45-55 minutes for an infill.

Those of you who sculpt/line cut without polish, do you find you're taking extra time to get all the acrylic off to start again or is there a quicker method?

If any one is confused, I mean the way in which Phuong Lu (the Nail Boss), Tony Ly, That Nail Girl etc do their work...

Any tips would be appreciated...

I don't soak off I just always start with a layer of clear and use my efile to remove the colour.

The vast majority of my clients go for this now and I don't often use my gel polishes.

I don't soak off I just always start with a layer of clear and use my efile to remove the colour.

The vast majority of my clients go for this now and I don't often use my gel polishes.
Yeah this is what I was wondering - so, the answer is a thin layer!

Great stuff, do you have any links of fave people to watch doing this kinda stuff?

I really want to push myself this year and challenge myself with new techniques!

Yeah this is what I was wondering - so, the answer is a thin layer!

Great stuff, do you have any links of fave people to watch doing this kinda stuff?

I really want to push myself this year and challenge myself with new techniques!
If you're sculpting you can also nip the length off with big nail clippers instead of filing them right back.
Kim Tu has lots of videos on her fb page.
Liz' acrylic nails on YouTube
Carol 'Sheeny' Hailstone on FB

Thank you! Now I just need to get into practising it without waiting for actual clients cos then I don't have the time to do it!

Without polish, how can a glitter fade be done? Is it pressed on whilst the acrylic sets? How do you then buff?

Without polish, how can a glitter fade be done? Is it pressed on whilst the acrylic sets? How do you then buff?
I build the nail as usual and use the glitter acrylic in my last zone and drag it down, then cap in clear very thinly to avoid filing it off x

I build the nail as usual and use the glitter acrylic in my last zone and drag it down, then cap in clear very thinly to avoid filing it off x
Do you only apply with the glitter already mixed in to the acrylic? Or can glitter be applied loose as you would on Shellac?

These are some I've managed to do today but this was glitter already in an acrylic.

Attachments

• 1486838775078.jpg
    1486838775078.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 43
Do you only apply with the glitter already mixed in to the acrylic? Or can glitter be applied loose as you would on Shellac?

These are some I've managed to do today but this was glitter already in an acrylic.
Take a wet bead of clear and dip it in the glitter and then drag it up

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1486843057.663177.jpg

I did a pink and black ombré then added the glitter with clear and finished with another layer of clear. I keep the colour coats thin and build with the clear if needed

Would you say time wise, this is viable if you don't have an efile?

It took me half an hour to file off my shellac, prep my cuticles, apply the new acrylic and start finishing for the last infill I did.

I'm saving up for an electric file and training for precisely this purpose.

No probably not and I'm still very careful using my efile and use a hand file to finish off.
It's the same as a removal with a hand file.

Latest posts

Back