Using Computerised System in your salon - i.e. Salon Genius

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Hi there;
I am considering using a computerised system in my salon, but have no idea which would be suitable, if they are worth the money, how much they cost, how easy they are to use etc etc etc.
Do any of you guys use a system such as Salon Genius?
How did you find it? Is it worth the money? Was it beneficial to your account keeping etc?
Thanks

Lou

Hi
There has been a lot of discussion about computer booking systems, I have Prosolutions from DWB Solutions. I paid £1,600 which includes 1 years support and training also I have SMS text, I get less cancellations as my clients get a reminder of their appointments on their mobile phones.
I would recommend DWB Solutions to anyone, they are always friendly when I contact them and they help me right away. so far I have had great service and support from them their web site is dwbsolutions.com

Hi
Hope someone can help me out here!
I am trying to book in a client and then if the client buys something in addition to her treatmetn how do I do this.
So far I have been able to book the client in and put the treatment that she is having but do not know where to go to add a product that she wants to buy at the end when she is going to pay???
Please help it's driving me mad
Newbie computer user yes

wow! this is an old post. Salon Genius was a rip off, thank god our credit rating score wasnt good enough! esp considering the financial climate :D

wow! this is an old post. Salon Genius was a rip off, thank god our credit rating score wasnt good enough! esp considering the financial climate :D
TRY EASY-SALON.COM
Very cheap and very good esp for the price.

Cheersss
:hug:

I`ve been using The Salon Solution for a while now, they came out to install the software for me, even set up my broadband! Very simple to use from the front but found lots of reports and mail merge options in the management area. They do SMS reminders too.:p

and be warned about entering long term finance/ lease agreements- its a current favourite amongst some equipment suppliers and we are trying to work with the NHF to clamp down on these in the current climate as too many salons are getting bound to longer terms then they need.

I'm in the process of designing a web-based salon management system at the moment. Still very much in its infancy, although I've managed to get a head start on it while I've been up in Wakefield with Sonia (my wife) who's been in hospital up there. It will definitely offer a choice of SMS or email reminders though. Won't cost a fortune either!

I work for Studio Tracker. Collectively the founders of the company have many years of techinical experience so the system is reliable and we offer unlimited free support. Unlike many other systems, which tie you in when you buy them and then charge ridiculous licensing fees, you can choose to pay for Studio Tracker upfront or lease it; whichever works better for your requirements. The system includes text reminders, built in promotional campaigns and a stock reporting function.

Hi there, I use Xtensions salon software, its v cheap compared to alot of the others and the support is second to none and its free!!! They are a very friendly bunch who will help you as mich as you need, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

I use Platinum and they are a great simple to use system having used 2 of the big guns previously. I am eagarly awaiting Ruth's system.............

Hi Lou

I use to run my own beauty salon but I am now involved in salon software and we have designed a really easy to use system you can sign up for the FREE version indefinately and see what you think at www.icomplete.com We have a section on Health and Beauty which explains all the benefits - multiple calendars, customer database, sms reminders and online booking calendar (customers can book appointments on your website - we give you a link to your own customised booking calendar)

I hope you find it helpful.

Claire

Latest posts

Back