using fan brush!! for nail art effect

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I have seen these fanned nail art brushes (I have one very similar which someone bought me years ago for dusting off excess eyeshaddow lol)
but I am not sure how to use them do you use them to blend acrylic paints for say a sunset background or similar....

I dont do airbrushing yet and I am keen to get blended colour effects and hope this will achieve it...

so any tips for me you nail art freaks...

put some little blobs of paint of different colours next to each other on a palette of some kind and lightly draw your fan brush through them so that it picks up a little of each colour across the width of the bristles. apply the paint in one stroke to the nail, wipe the brush to remove the excess colour and then with a very light touch use the brush to gently merge the colour slightly for a nice graduated effect. or apply poloish to the nail then use your fan brush to add another colour with a light touch. be sure not to overload the brush or you will lose the gentle effect. :D

Thanks - your an Angel :green:

Fab Freak said:
I have seen these fanned nail art brushes (I have one very similar which someone bought me years ago for dusting off excess eyeshaddow lol)
but I am not sure how to use them do you use them to blend acrylic paints for say a sunset background or similar....

I dont do airbrushing yet and I am keen to get blended colour effects and hope this will achieve it...

so any tips for me you nail art freaks...
Hey Lou, i fancy having a go at that too. Do Spangles do a fan brush as well?

Never seen one in my local Denis Williams, and I dont think I have seen one in Stars catalgoue..do you want me to try and get one at Gmex for you, or is that to far off? I could give it to Jo, for when you visit her...

angel fingers said:
put some little blobs of paint of different colours next to each other on a palette of some kind and lightly draw your fan brush through them so that it picks up a little of each colour across the width of the bristles. apply the paint in one stroke to the nail, wipe the brush to remove the excess colour and then with a very light touch use the brush to gently merge the colour slightly for a nice graduated effect. or apply poloish to the nail then use your fan brush to add another colour with a light touch. be sure not to overload the brush or you will lose the gentle effect. :D
Does any one have any pics of this effect?

hi i use the fan brush its fab it shows u how to do it in the ks sa ra book xx i get all my brushes from my local art shop they are cheaper and better quality than star nails xx

its not a very good picture but this was done with a fan brush from the nsi book i got a set of 3 brushes for about £7 i just used one colour

fan.jpg

I like that effect, I'm A Star, i've been debateing on getting a fan brush as i love doing nail art. It certainly gives a different effect on the nail. I suppose this is where the opalescent colours look good is it?

Latest posts

Back