using lace??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailqueen1

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how they encase lace in nails please. i had a go earlier but could not get the lace to stick to the tip with nail glue. should a put a thin layer of acrylic first and then place the lace on that?

can anyone tell me how they encase lace in nails please. i had a go earlier but could not get the lace to stick to the tip with nail glue. should a put a thin layer of acrylic first and then place the lace on that?

Hey,
I used resin to stick the lace to the tips and it worked lovely, the lace doesnt stick straight away and you do need a little bit of patience but it will stick ,i used a pair of tweezers to hold the lace in place while the resin dried, i would imagine a thin layer of acrylic would work aswell but imo would be alot more faffing about than using resin.
haze xx

Hi,
Ive never done anything like this yet, but I recall seeing a video on youtube, where they added lace, then held clingfilm over it ( to press it in ) as long as the clingfilm doesn't stick ? :hug:

or maybe another thought, you could use l&p, then put the lace over and get a bulldog clip to hang underneath iynwim ? i thought of the bulldog clip because its got a bit of weight in it ?

Hey,
I used resin to stick the lace to the tips and it worked lovely, the lace doesnt stick straight away and you do need a little bit of patience but it will stick ,i used a pair of tweezers to hold the lace in place while the resin dried, i would imagine a thin layer of acrylic would work aswell but imo would be alot more faffing about than using resin.
haze xx

This is definately the easiest way in my opinion to apply lace. Once the resin has dried gently file any tiny bits of over hanging lace as it can be a bit tricky to get a perfect fit but make sure you don't alter shape of nail. Then apply your L+P on top and buff and shine as per normal. hth's

anne xx

Latest posts

Back