Using Salon Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"There is no rule about how to spell or write words?"

Actually there is. In this case, it's called English.

[emoji119][emoji120]

Salon Geek isn't a brand or company helpline, it's a forum of professionals helping each other out. Geeks volunteer their knowledge and advice to those asking.
Saying thank you isn't mandatory, but it's not difficult either.

Is it also a place for non-professionals to come to for advice or is it strictly for professionals?

Is it also a place for non-professionals to come to for advice or is it strictly for professionals?
No its also for non pros as well but most of those doing the helping are professionals. The 'rules' are the same.

Vic x

The Ask a Pro forum is designed for non pro's to ask questions and offer comments.

However, we actively discourage posts offering anecdotal advice or recommending over the counter products as primarily this is a forum for Professionals to support each other and share information on best practice.

There are plenty of other forums and social media platforms for interested DIY-ers, to pass comment.

Totally agree with AcidPerm.

I've seen far too many posts on the Nails Forum which is my main stomping ground, which give the appearance of being from non-pros basically having bought a nail kit and wanting advice from pros on how to do their own nails. I don't believe that is the purpose of this site.

Totally agree and perhaps worse, for me, is to see 'how to' replies, almost giving an online tutorial and doing people's homework for them.
I get that sometimes people don't realise that the poster is a non pro (though it's often glaringly obvious) and that the person asking the question genuinely hasn't realised that it's a pro site. Surely in those circumstances it's better to kindly point this out without embarrassing them. And all the better if they then go and take some courses and join us [emoji4]

Completely agree with Squidgernetball

No its also for non pros as well but most of those doing the helping are professionals. The 'rules' are the same.

Vic x

Thanks so much for your reply.

Thanks so much for your reply.

But non pros should post in the Ask a Pro section if they are not in training and have no interest in working professionally. ie if you are just doing your own or your friends' nails

Latest posts

Back