Utterly lost with my life!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
I am 24 and can't help but feel my life has lost ALL direction!
I've just lost 'another' job, working at my sisters shop to pay my rent or I'd be in serious trouble!
I've got no savings, no boyfriend, and living in crappy croydon in a studio. Last month I was determined to move to kent and had loads of plans for my spray tanning, taking holidays etc but now I feel like a tornado has come long and reuined everything! Soon as I get settled and get my life on track I end up losing my job! What is that about?!

I have personal mile stones that I want to achieve but I just feel like such a 'bum' right now :(
I'm trying to stay positive thinking about opening a shop and the future millions I'll be making but right now its so far away its barely on the horizon!
I am grateful I have money, a roof over my head but I feel like I'm lost in a deep dark forest career wise!

Anyone got any advice how to plan out my goals and get back on track?

Baby steps for now, you know where you want to be so you need to dit down and work out how you could get there. Think realistically about what small step you can put towards it. Can you tan from your studio apartment or go mobile for a bit just to build back some confidence. If it helps I'm in the same situation I have had constant tornadoes hit ne down for the last 4 year's every time I force myself back up. I'm in the middle if a tornado now. It's import ti keep picking yourself up no matter how many times you get hit.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Why did you lose your job at your sister's shop? Did your sister sack you? I'm just trying to get a feel for The situation. You say you are thinking positive....but are you also acting positive? I'm only saying this because I don't know the circumstances. For all I know you could have been taking days off and turning in late which is a bad work ethic. Or on the other hand you could have been working really hard and your boss felt threatened by you so decided to sack you unfairly.

OI know how you feel , I felt like that at the end of last year !
Lost my job back In the summer ( redundancy)
Ran out of money , two kids and a lot of rent to pay !
At the moment working nights well three nights a week in a care home losing out on sleep !
So I have enrolled on some courses , and thinking positive really looking forward to this year only because I am determined that I will not be doing night shift for much longer and I want to earn a better wage and give 110% to my mobile business !
You aren't the only one who feels this way plus January isn't the best of months financial wise , but make plans for the year I don't see why if you put your mind to something it can't happen !
Get another job ( easier said than done I know )
Save money ect ect
But don't forget there are people out there who would love to live in a " crappy studio " !
I know someone who at the age of 57 has weeks to live as he has cancer he would do anything to be in your shoes right now and be able to plan ahead but he knows he won't be here by April !
So chin up Xxxx

Or do you mean you are now working at your sisters shop having lost your previous job? Can you explain a bit more?
X

Or do you mean you are now working at your sisters shop having lost your previous job? Can you explain a bit more?
X

I think she lost her job and her sister have her a job I think x

I think she lost her job and her sister have her a job I think x

Aha! Yes that makes sense now that I've re-read it. So you can ignore my post. I'm an idiot.

Thanks Geeks!
I am making a 'what to do list' and then whittleing it down from there!
Move back in with mum or stay in my studio
Go to college or work full time
Find a job or work for my sister
Pack in tanning or give it 100%
Lose weight or get fat
ETC ETC

But I am working for my sister now, not she fired me lol even if she did I'd turn up anyway lol

Pinkknails.
Keep trying, remember: amateurs built the Arc, professionals built the Titanic!

I'm in the same position as you, but give your tanning 100%, I am with my lashing. Make it happen x

Pinkknails.
Keep trying, remember: amateurs built the Arc, professionals built the Titanic!

I'm in the same position as you, but give your tanning 100%, I am with my lashing. Make it happen x

And the titanic sunk on its maiden voyage. ... is that what you mean? Professionals are rubbish. ..ha ha :)

And the reason they all (but a few) died was because the professionals didn't figure out the lifeboat to passenger ratio. ... I wouldn't use this as an example. .ha ha

P's. I'm picking holes. .I know what you mean really. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha @virtues!
Just mean give it a go, dont give up etc you can do it...all those self-boosting sayings!☺️

And the titanic sunk on its maiden voyage. ... is that what you mean? Professionals are rubbish. ..ha ha :)

And the reason they all (but a few) died was because the professionals didn't figure out the lifeboat to passenger ratio. ... I wouldn't use this as an example. .ha ha

P's. I'm picking holes. .I know what you mean really. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha I was thinking the same when I read this.

Ha ha I was thinking the same when I read this.

Not to poke holes but the Titanic's major reason for sinking is the inferior steel they used for the hull. :p But it is a funny analogy

OP, i would just take a second and breath. Would moving back in with your mom be so bad? this way you can save money and focus more on your tanning business without all the responsibility of having a place.

It sounds as though you're overwhelmed.

Move back to your mums and that way you can afford to go out and enjoy yourself which is exactly what you should be doing at your age.

You're a gorgeous girl so get out and date some lovely guys that treat you well. They don't come flying through your letter box so you have to get out there. That will lift your spirits and may motivate you to lose weight but you look just fine to me.

Re work. Give it another 6mths doing the tanning and if it isn't making you enough money to lead a good life then go and get a job in the city where you'll have a regular wage and a great social life.

Above all, NEVER give up! x

Latest posts

Back