UV gel allergy - can anyone recommend any particular brand of gloves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aromababy

Reaction score
Hi

I have started reacting to uv gel - prob down to over exp- and its driving me nuts!!

I've been wearing latex gloves from start to finish every time I do any gel services but the acetone still manages to get through and irritate my damaged skin.

I've tried steroid creams, antihistamines, sudocream, hydrocolloid plasters etc, and wash my hands thoroughly after every client, but I am still flaring up.

Any suggestions would be gladly received

Thanks
Nat xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Have you thought it could be the latex gloves causing the irritation? MANY people react to latex and are allergic to it.

Try Nitrile gloves first, to see.

Then try hard gel from CND or Shellac Power Polish ... Both are hypoallergenic. Many who are allergic to gels, find that Brisa has saved their career because they can use it with no problems. :lol:

I would go to the doctor & find out exactly what you are allergic to - is it components in the gel or acetone?

Might it be worth trying to find more acetone-resistant gloves?

Firstly go to the doc's for testing xx

I have the same problem and i use nitrile gloves, they are a bit thicker than latex and dont irritate like latex does. hth

I only started to glove up after the irritation began so i'm sure its not latex allergy

I have used shellac in the past but not tried brisa, i'm not cnd trained so was told I couldn't purchase their products :(

I will try the nitrile gloves and see how I go

Nat x

I only started to glove up after the irritation began so i'm sure its not latex allergy

I have used shellac in the past but not tried brisa, i'm not cnd trained so was told I couldn't purchase their products :(

I will try the nitrile gloves and see how I go

Nat x

Well you could purchase if you did a conversion class, which normally includes the products and the training is free at a distributor location. So there really is no barrier to buying what you need. CND only sell their products with education .. it makes sense to us and it makes sense to others both from a professional and a client/customer satisfaction point of view.;)

Have you thought it could be the latex gloves causing the irritation? MANY people react to latex and are allergic to it.

Try Nitrile gloves first, to see.

Then try hard gel from CND or Shellac Power Polish ... Both are hypoallergenic. Many who are allergic to gels, find that Brisa has saved their career because they can use it with no problems. :lol:

I have a client who cn (due to her allergie) only use Brisa hard gel. Wil she be able to use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel also? Can i compare these gels?

Latest posts

Back