UV Light unit repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiNails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Well, I have had the worst day ever! Nearly completed my clients seche polish, Just applying top coat, and light unit quite literally BLOWS UP!
Sparks, burning smell, puff of smoke the works! My poor client nearly has a heart attack, and to top it off her nails are now no good without the top coat so all has to come off! Oh, also next client walks in just at this moment so has to turn around and go home again! Great!

Anyway, getting to the point! Stupidly I did not have a spare unit in the cupboard as i had taken it home to repair, or try to.

Its a daylight 36w unit and the red start up button on the back had broken, therefore it stuck in everytime you pressed in. One of the clips on the side had broken so just needs a new button.

Simple i thought? Nah! Daylight do not do replacement buttons, I got a very blank email from them telling me this. And i will be damned if i can find out where does.

Does anyone know where i can get one? Or who will look and my dodgy 'Smoking' one to see if it can be fixed?

Gone and spent another £100 on a new one this eve but would rather fix an old one as a spare than buy yet another! :cry: Any help would be great

Thanks! Vikki

Let your insurance cover the costs of replacing both units .. that is what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back