UV nails, gel won’t cure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotty Betty

Reaction score
I have a Rio home UVnail set i used to use it and it worked brilliantly then I didn't use it for a month or so and the gel wouldn't cure. I contacted Rio and they sent me a brand new set and this still won't cure so I'm obviously doing something wrong :confused:

This is how I am applying the nails:
1. washing, drying hands. pushing back cuticals, finding the correct size tips
2. sanding my nails with the white block wiping away the dust
3. wiping the finishing wipe on the nails
4. applying tips
4. (french manicure tips) giving the nails a quick sand and painting on the primer and leaving to dry
5. applying gel, put under lamp for 3mins
6. repeating 5. two more times
7. wiping nails with finishing wipe

Problem is after step 7 the gel hasn't cured and I'm back to step 4.
Was wondering if anyone could give me any clues as to what I'm doing wrong when it always used to work on my nails?

Thank you
Charlotte x

Hun, this site is for professionals using professional products they are trained in. Sorry we can't help.....

rio is a low end amateur product, and it will always result in low end amateur end product.
it simply doesnt compare in cost and quality to the professional ranges that are used by qualified nail technicians.
it would be like a hairdresser trying to give a great cut with those round ended scissors we give to children to use.

if you have the passion to do your own nails and thse of others, i think you would do really well on a professional course with quality products. you'll be taught exactly what to do and get better results with a good quality product. you'll love the difference.

Hi great advise from the girls as always.

The usual reason for Gel not curing, is the bulbs in the lamp my be old and need replacing.

I do agree that if you feel the passion for nails then go on a course, and make that passion work for you.

Even low quality gel should at least cure even if the product doen't last on the nail....
Sounds like your bulbs are gone , sorry what kind of lamp have you got and when did you put the bulbs in?

Even low quality gel should at least cure even if the product doen't last on the nail....
Sounds like your bulbs are gone , sorry what kind of lamp have you got and when did you put the bulbs in?
We're talking about Rio here, it's available to the general public from Argos etc in the high street.

We're assuming it's Rio bulbs in a Rio lamp... unprofessional product being cured by an unprofessional lamp!

Sorry Lotty, but I agree with the previous posters, this is a salon professional forum, if you'd like to ask us about getting professional training/education then we'll help you all we can but there's no way we're going to pass on professional advice to someone who's untrained using an extremely low end product :hug:

My friend had a Rio kit. It wasn't very good as these guys are saying as it isn't a proffessional lamp. But it should still cure. Maybe try applying your gell a lil thinner with more coats if needed. it doesn't cure well if your gel is too thick. Just a thought give it a try!

CURLYQS and ValencianNails - could you be any more elitist and precious?

It took you more effort to dismiss this innocently enquiring lady that it would have to help her out.

So it's a pro site. Yes. But she signed up to a website she was so keen to learn from... and found people who know the answer... and you refuse to answer her, even though you easily could , because she doesn't have "the right credentials to be honoured with the answer".

Does it really end your world to be kind and help a fellow human out?

Shame on you being such mean hearted people.

Lotty Betty - I have exactly the same issue. I googled to try to find an answer. This link appeared as number 3 hit on Google. Was so pissed off at reading the above two ladies responses I signed up to this site just so I could right a message in solidarity with you.

Women of the world be kind. Take care x

This thread was created 10 years ago now, and most of its posters haven’t logged into this site for many years either.

Needless to say, the gel nails kit the OP was asking for help with is or was, with respect, an over the counter non professional kit.

CURLYQS and ValencianNails - could you be any more elitist and precious?

It took you more effort to dismiss this innocently enquiring lady that it would have to help her out.

So it's a pro site. Yes. But she signed up to a website she was so keen to learn from... and found people who know the answer... and you refuse to answer her, even though you easily could , because she doesn't have "the right credentials to be honoured with the answer".

Does it really end your world to be kind and help a fellow human out?

Shame on you being such mean hearted people.

Lotty Betty - I have exactly the same issue. I googled to try to find an answer. This link appeared as number 3 hit on Google. Was so pissed off at reading the above two ladies responses I signed up to this site just so I could right a message in solidarity with you.

Women of the world be kind. Take care x
In all honesty I don't think it is very responsible or professional to give advice to an unqualified person on how to apply nail extensions, especially with non-professional products. It is easy to cause a lot of damage to your natural nails and also cause permanent allergic reactions through miss-use or over exposure of products on the skin. The majority of us have spent a long time learning our trade and we are trying hard to make a living from it. Try to see it from our point of view - for every DIYer out there, that's another less potential client! Not only that, but they expect us to give them advice when they realise that it's not quite as easy as they thought it was!

Latest posts

Back