UV polish difficulties on a hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Please can anyone shed any light on this for me ....

I have 2 clients that are hairdressers, they both have UV polish, I've tried Shellac, Gelish & ACG on them, and each system is not lasting even a week without starting to peel away from the free edge and the polish starts to feel softer than it did when they were fresh....kind of rubbery like you could dig your nail into it.

I have even seen where the UV polish looks like it's melted on the free edge, guessing it's when they are checking hair that has bleach on it or other harsh chemicals.

Neither of them will wear gloves when using hairdressing chemicals or use solaroil, and boy have I tried to convince them to do so!

I do one of the hairdresser's mum's nails....and she comes back for her UV polish to be re-done ever 3-4 weeks and they are perfect.

I don't really have any problems with anyone else, so I was wondering if there is a harder gel rather than a soak off gel that I can use alongside the UV polishes, as hoping this would be less susceptible to product breakdown.

I've found so far that:

• Base coat
    ACG builder gel
    2 x coats of UV polish
    Thin layer of builder gel again
    Top coat

This way seems to last the best.

So I was wondering if there was a hard gel that I could use in conjunction with the UV polishes systems over the polish to give it a harder seal.

Any words of wisdom are very much appreciated....I've run out of ideas!

Latest posts

Back