UV Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

british.jem

Reaction score
I think i remember seeing a thread about this a little while ago, but cant seem to find it now...

I use NSI Illusion Gel and did a white tip overlay yesterday on my sister in law. I did the same process on both hands. One came out great and the other was looking great up untill i put the UV top coat on. When it came out of the lamp, it came out all wierd. It looked like it had seperated as it if was like water and oil. But it had still cured and was hard. I buffed out all the ridged but im baffled as to what caused this. It didnt happen on the other hand. Any suggestions? Im baffled and have to admit my confidence is slightly knocked. :irked:

I think i remember seeing a thread about this a little while ago, but cant seem to find it now...

I use NSI Illusion Gel and did a white tip overlay yesterday on my sister in law. I did the same process on both hands. One came out great and the other was looking great up untill i put the UV top coat on. When it came out of the lamp, it came out all wierd. It looked like it had seperated as it if was like water and oil. But it had still cured and was hard. I buffed out all the ridged but im baffled as to what caused this. It didnt happen on the other hand. Any suggestions? Im baffled and have to admit my confidence is slightly knocked. :irked:

There was probably some oil from your fingers, the client touching her face when unnoticed, etc on the surface of the nail before you applied the top coat or did your client scrape her nail on one of the bulbs in your lamp (check it .. you will see it on the bulb if she has done). No need for YOUR confidence to be knocked .. you have to learn why these things happen so they don't happen in the future. Knowing the science behind these things is important .. you should have been taught these things.

Thanks for your reply.. ive checked my lamp and it looks like she did indeed bump her nail on it.

Latest posts

Back