Vegan/cruelty free hair colours - Paul Mitchell, Affinage, J Beverly Hills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG they are fab, there colour line is called Headpaint, great hi lift tints, fab coverage, 100ml base shades, and tone shades are 60 ml, Reds are amazing and the new cyclamen and new coppers came out last month and they are excellent. I really do recommend.

I'll go looking for all Youtube vids I can find from Fudge now.

Thanks a lot for in the info. I did use a Headpaint a few years ago on someone and I didn't understand much about colour then so it didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but I could see it was a good product. So will defo look into it.

I'll go looking for all Youtube vids I can find from Fudge now.

Thanks a lot for in the info. I did use a Headpaint a few years ago on someone and I didn't understand much about colour then so it didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but I could see it was a good product. So will defo look into it.
We have been on the colour line now for about 2 years, like you we tried it about 5 or 6 years ago, and we hated it, very green, no coverage etc, but it was re formulated soon after that and i have to say it is amazing now, and you get some good deals from the suppliers, and also the training side of it has been amazing, Good luck.

Re Aveda, a few years back all the Estee Lauder brands adopted the same, blanket animal testing policy statement, that says they do not test unless required by law. Which means if they sell in China, they are not cruelty free (most of Lauder's brands do sell in China). However, I read that Aveda themselves actually don't sell in China, but the wording of their policy makes me unsure because they could just start selling there any time. For now, they are on PETA's "don't test" list.

Another issue is the parent company; if you're ok with the company being cruelty free but not the parent company, then they are fine. I know some people boycott cruelty free companies with non cruelty free parents, like Urban Decay, Nars, Nyx... etc, whereas others are more relaxed about it.

(If this does bother you by the way, you should know that Fudge are on PETA's list of ok companies (although I can't find their testing policy anywhere) but their parent co is not cruelty free.)

I wouldn't trust any list generated by PETA's. I actually quite love my dogs. They are our children.

I wouldn't trust any list generated by PETA's. I actually quite love my dogs. They are our children.

Why wouldn't you trust a list by PETA?

I was wary to post that to be honest, because I also don't really trust PETA. They're not a particularly nice organisation and I think they make us vegans look bad!! They agree with euthanising healthy animals and they basically promote veganism through a barrage of sexist and body shaming advertisements. Among other things.

My most trusted sources are leaping bunny and a blog called Logical Harmony who is very thorough in her research, before putting them on her cruelty free list! Not all brands that are cruelty free are on these lists though, so I do my own research if they're not. If I can't find anything about them and it's a brand I'm really interested in, I contact them and ask a LOT of questions. If they are cagey about answering certain questions or they just ignore parts of what I've asked, or won't clarify, then I am going to avoid them and assume they have something to hide.

I'm in one of my 'no animal products' phases after watching a few documentaries on how the animals are treated at slaughterhouses and animal testing labs; so have been looking at hair colour product lines that don't test on animals.

Paul Mitchell, J Beverly Hills and Affinage are all cruelty free and seem like lovely products. I've read nothing but good things about Affinage on here and Google, but haven't been able to find much on J Beverly Hills.

Has anyone ever had any experience with these colours? They look lovely and the tubes are dead big which is a bonus.
I'm looking for a colour line to use for when I work for myself after finishing my Level 3.
We use L'Oreal in our salon and the things i've read about them have disgusted me... Their involvement with the Nazis, the fact they test on animals. They just dont seem like a nice company.

I've always wondered about Paul Mitchell's color being vegan?? I attended a Paul Mitchell school in the states for my hours for my license. Given they're a cruelty-free and against testing on animals and have numerous environmental endeavors, their line Paul Mitchell the color is natural beeswax based. That can't be vegan, can it?

I've always wondered about Paul Mitchell's color being vegan?? I attended a Paul Mitchell school in the states for my hours for my license. Given they're a cruelty-free and against testing on animals and have numerous environmental endeavors, their line Paul Mitchell the color is natural beeswax based. That can't be vegan, can it?
No it isn't. The blonding system is vegan but not the other colours.

Latest posts

Back