Ventilation- How much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoney

Reaction score
About to open new salon and have just been reading Habia's code of practice.

It says (basically) that the amount of ventilation you require depends on the size of the salon and how many techs you have working in it.

Im having three nail stations, two acrylic techs and a gel tech. The windows are huge and they don't open. Would air filters in the tables be enough?

About to open new salon and have just been reading Habia's code of practice.

It says (basically) that the amount of ventilation you require depends on the size of the salon and how many techs you have working in it.

Im having three nail stations, two acrylic techs and a gel tech. The windows are huge and they don't open. Would air filters in the tables be enough?
Sorry to rain on your parade hun, but I would say not....you'll need a good extraction ventillation system to satisfy H&S regulations....although they do differ from place to place.

Apart from that, it's best practice too for client comfort.:hug:

Sorry to rain on your parade hun, but I would say not....you'll need a good extraction ventillation system to satisfy H&S regulations....although they do differ from place to place.

Apart from that, it's best practice too for client comfort.:hug:

Thanks for your feedback.
I have been a nail technician for 4 years and have tried my absolute best to care for my clients. When going into clients homes, i always ask them to open windows, i dispose of any chemicals in the correct manner etc etc, i am aware of the potential hazards.
I have not, however, owned my own salon and made a point of printing off habia's code of practice, as this was unclear of exactly want ventilation was required i thought id ask advice.
You are not 'raining on my parade' and that is exactly the type of comment that puts people off askin advice, hence only 33 posts in 3 years!!

Sorry hun, I didn't mean for my comment to offend you......

You don't have any way of expelling vapour at the moment apart from keeping the front door open as the windows don't open and as you will be having 2 l/p technicians working at the same time vapour will build up, especially in the summer months when the heat makes it worse.

I have 2 large Ventaxia extractors, one in the door and another in the window and this satisfies my local H&S people. I also have a vent which pulls the fresh air back in to refresh the air that the extractors are pulling out.

There have been quite a few threads about this in the past, about what different councils requirements are and also the very best practice, which can be very expensive, dust extraction is a must also......do a search and see if it comes up with some better info!

Latest posts

Back