Ventilation System for Salon and Desk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesT

Reaction score
I am curious to see what type of ventilation you all have for the salon you are at. The requirements are probably different to the u.s

At the shop im at she doesn't have the best ventilation, but we talked about it and she said she would install one. I think she is thinking along the lines of a bathroom vent setup or an attic fan... I dont know how effecient it is going to be.

For my desk for now I just have a desk vent but I am thinking about getting that thing called chemstop from www.lurraco.com maybe the dust collector thing to but I hear it can be heavy after awhile. I dont want to get carpel tunnel...
Im just looking at different options.

In oregon they just passed a clean air act for ventilation there are new requirements.

What do you use or plan to do...

:idea:
Thank you for reading my long posts, it is nice to have other nail techs that like chatting about nails and are involved with our health, technology, and techiques.
:!::!::!:

The most important thing to remove from your breathing zone is the DUST.

Your ventilation does not have to be of the quality (or expense) that you would find in a laboratory.

A good system that pulls the dust away form where you are creating it so that you are not breathing it in will make a world of difference to you and the environment in which you work.

Kitchen or bathroom vents can work very effectively as long as they are put in the right situation (in the desk beneath where you are working) and if they draw the dust OUTSIDE. If you have a filter for the dust, these are less effective and have to be changed much more often that anyone does change them so are not as practical.

Allot depends on where you are working and if you can extract the dust to an outside vent.

i have an extractor built in my desk.. but honestly.. doesnt do much.. I try to keep my breathing zone between me and the nails.. (about the space a basketball takes up is your breathing zone) I also use non woven surgical face masks and offer to my client as well.. I usually also explain that lungs are built to get rid of a certain amount of dust.. but as i spend most days working around it its important for me to protect myself.. and the amount expelled during their treatment wont harm them.

i dont have a problem with smells as i have a lidded bin and a closed zip lock bag attached to my desk.

work safe and clean!

Latest posts

Back