Vertical splitting of nail below free edge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I shellacked my mums nails a couple of weeks ago...anyway long story short i didnt remove with acetone but they peeled off. I Know this is not right and it was probably because i didnt use d sperce at the end of treatment to remove inhibition layer anyway she has 3 or 4 nails that are splitting below the free edge and she says one of them is painful. Her nails have never been like this and she thinks it must have been the shellac.........has this happened to anyone else? her nails seemed perfectly healthy before i shellacked so i'm at a loss?

I can honestly say this has never happened to me or my clients due to shellac. I don't think shellac is the cause.

Have you any other idea what this could be? I am stumped as she never has her nails done and didnt have problems before this?

No hun shellac dosent cause nails to split, you say it was a few weeks ago? has she been growing her nails long with shellac on them ? the added strenth and flexibility of shellac is perfect for growing long natral nails isnt it?
sadly we are not all able to carry off having long natral nails , could it be they are now longer than normal?

has she been using her solar oil copple of times a day?

what did you use to remove the inhabition layer ?

and when you say the peeled off that means they wear helped off right???

Latest posts

Back