Very Red Hair With Dark Roots.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr-Judge

Reaction score
Hiya,
I'll be doin my mates hair on Saturday. Havn't done alot of hair in a while, especially colour.
Basically she's got very bleached hair with very bright red over it that's washed out a bit. It's sort of goin to like a pink but it's still very red, if that makes sense. She's got about an inch or 2 of her natural colour which is like a medium brown.

I was thinkin of just usin a 6/1 on it, would that be okay?
How would I do it?

Thanx,
Allan.

sorry what is it u want to do? bring it back to a natural colour? x

Well it doesn't eactly have to be her natural colour. I think she just wants like a brown, she's not been very specific about it. Only reason I was gonna use an ash is to get rid of the red, an just hope for the best lol. Would I put it on the roots too? x

luckily if it a depth of 6 you wont need to pre pig if all the bleached hair is red. i would do the roots with a natural 6/0 and the ends with a green ash semi. should balance out the tones better if u use natural on roots

Why a semi?
A semi would just fade so quick, her hair is damaged. It's so pourous. The red isn't like a nice rich, vibrant red. She's gone from like green, to orange to red. So you can imagine what sort of red it is. I don't kno her natural depth, it prob is around a 6 tho. She's a friend of a friend so i've only met her a couple of times an havn't looked at her hair since she's told me she wants it done.
An I cba makin a journey to her to have look at her hair, very unprofessional I kno. But am doin it for nothin.
What about if I put a 6/1 tint on the mid-lengths and ends, then put a 6/0 on the roots as soon as it's applied to the M.lengths and ends?

Soz for the essay. x

yes, her hair is porous, and what is a tint gonna do? make it more porous by opening the hair up again, the likes of colour touch will grab onto the hair better when it is in this state of affairs untill u get some condition back into it and in my experience, the quazi acts like a stain on the hair where a tint will go wishy washy, especially on the first application. x

Latest posts

Back