Victoria

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lana

Reaction score
Our Victoria is celebrity!
I was watching Life Network today and I saw episode called Skin Deep about our fellow geek Victoria.I imidately recognized her from her avatar.
You were awesome Victoria.Hats off to you.
PS
"They" look awesome.What a transformation.I hope you like "them"now.

which victoria is it? what was the tv show about? xx

I'm assuming she's talking about VHunter.

Do tell us some more :)

River

River said:
I'm assuming she's talking about VHunter.

Do tell us some more :)

River

Who is it?
The suspense is killing me.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Thanks

I'll be honest, that was NOT the route I wanted to go. It was a terribly embarassing experience and very VERY hard to do. Being part of a documentary is not something for everyone. It's very invasive, and I always worry about old fart neighbors seeing it :irked:

It's a 'show' that's about plastic surgery and 'why' people do it. It shows the procedures, before and after's and some footage of the 'subject' (me) giving you some insight into the person. That episode showed me opposite a woman getting a reduction.

BUT for me, the end result justified the means.
By agreeing to be part of it, all I paid for was the actual implants. I did not pay for the dr's services (he agreed to donate his services for the publicity, and I DID choose my own doctor), I didn't pay for the hospital, nothing. (for the record, had I not chosen that route, I likely would NOT have been able to afford such a procedure for several more years and who knows what that would ahve done to my marriage).

So, instead of costing me anywhere from 4500$ cnd to 15000 (depending on who, what where etc), they only cost me $2400.00 (and that 2400 is tax deductible, who knew, aye? LOL)

What that saves me in stuffed bras and heartache is immeasurable.

My marraige was literally on the rocks because I refused to be intimate due to my own shame of my msyelf WHICH had NOTHING to do with my hubby. He had not seen them for 3 yrs, as I wore a water bra LITERALLY 24/7 for 3yrs... and he only finally saw them the night before the surgery. he said "honey, I still think you're beautiful. I still would prefer you didn't do this BUT if you feel that strongly, then I support you".

The MOST difficult part was the footage they shot just moments before surgery when the dr was 'marking' me with a pen. I had a little 'breakdown' just prior at the thought of disrobing in front of everyone. They gave me a pill to calm me and cleared the room of any and all staff except for those necessary (doctor, interviewere & cameraman). I didn't care when I was 'sleeping' obviously. It was the 'shame' of having everyone looking while I was awake and aiming a camera at me. It was mostly a female crew except the camera man that until the last min was SUPPOSED to be a woman as per my request. He passed out half way thru the surgery LOL:lol:

I also HATED the bikini trials. Smack in the middle of my own local shopping center.. ppl walking by.. looking to see what was going on, not understanding, but seeing me being filmed in a bikini. My first in my LIFE.

BUT now that it's all done, I'm sooooooooooooo glad that I did it. It has improved how I feel immensely and improved my confidence in many areas of my life, and NOT just the intimate ones.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I've always been very embarassed of the show to be honest. And, 'they' look WAY better now as implants take 12mths to 'settle' and look natural. What you saw post-surgery were swollen torpedoes LOL:lol:

Sooooooooooo that was my 15seconds of fame I guess LOL

Don't feel ashamed because they were a bargain.
Mine were free on the NHS!

well dont be embarrased.you did what you had to do ,now be proud of yourself ....i would be
im happy for you hun :hug:

1999judy said:
i agree with judy, i have big boobs & would hate it if i didnt tbh so i can sort of understand in a stange way lol.
you go girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I'm someone from the opposite.. I'd die for smaller boobs.. My boobs, I have to get tops to fit them, not my body, so when I buy tops for my boob size they make my tummy look huge, yet if I buy tops my actual size I cant get it over my boobs.. And 'cause theyre so big they make me feel im wide? :irked: Yes I'm strange!!

xXx​

1999judy said:
mine too... smaller versions of what I had :D

well done you for having the balls to have the tv team follow you through it all Victoria.
my hubby had similar thoughts to yours but the opposite way around, mine were so mega huge, he thought i was perfect the way i was but i knew better lol... the end result is me being loads happier, no back ache and a happier hubby because i'm not ashamed of the way my body looks, well not as bad as i used to be lol

:hug: xxx

OMG, i always watch the life network and i missed it!!
Congrat's on your new twins Victoria!

*Congrats Victoria - I love watching those kinds of Programs, SO interesting - sorry I missed:) If I had the money I'd have mine done, you get to be my age and Gravity tends to "do its thing" !

I suppose it,s the age old thing of never being happy with what we've got. I totally commend you for your courage and bravery V I wish you sppedy recovery:hug: :hug: ! I myself have often though of a reduction, I thought if I lost weight they would get smaller but oh no After 3 stone lost all I went down was one measly back size!!!!! So here I am a size 14 with 34 FF's!! I have a love hate relationship with them! But my husband, well he just loves them!!!!
(He calls them "The boys" God they must be big when they have their own pet name!!!!:rolleyes: )

Thanks again for all of your very kind words.

It's funny, I look back and it seems a lifetime ago. I watched my copy of it after you gals posted this thread and I was thinking "oh... that was me?" Not only do I not remember looking like that, I don't remember being that person. I've changed a great deal.
Feeling the confidence in my body has affected me on the inside and outside..
It's very hard to explain.

But I think it's once you're comfortable in your own skin, and not worrying how people are looking at you, or if your stuffing's gonna leak or pop out... etc.. then you can just enjoy 'being' and just enjoy your day.
Make any sense?
Example: prior to surgery, in the summers I had to wear these heavy thick t-shirts that would hide the fact that my bras were stuffed to the hilt. I'd be boiling hot and miserable. THEN I had surgery and could comfortable wear those cami tops with built in shelf bras without a bra and wow I am soooooooooo comfortable and NOT HOT so I can enjoy summer activities more. Crazy business boobs are LOL

Hugs again all around
:hug:

PS: as for the reference to the twins... as a joke to my hubby, shortly after surgery, I was wearing "pasties" as I wasn't allowed to wear a bra for 3mths BUT HATED having headlights all the time. I was VERY self concious of the headlights LOL Anyhow, one day as a joke. I wrote on one "sugar" and "spice" on the other. Well, you can wear them about 3days straight if you want. I forgot what I had written and went for a post-op follow-up appointment. My surgeon did a double take and cracked right up.
:o
He said "that's a new one to me" :rolleyes:

These stupid flubs only ever happen to me:o :o
LOL

Latest posts

Back