Victorian new look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 31754

Reaction score
i've had trendy, textured, modern styles since i started training a couple of year back. i'm getting tired of it now, have tried a lot of different things and most current styles seem to get a bit samey for men.

so i've been inspired, i'm going on a victorian tangent (bear with me). and wanted to get a clean classic cut that looks anti-modern (not retro, but totally vintage) and when i was watching young victoria last night i thought PERFECT!

http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/film/rupert_friend.jpg

anyone have any ideas how something like that is cut? looks pretty much untextured although i'm sure there is some graduation on the sides.

any ideas?

BTW - yes i'm weird! lol!

i dont have a clue how it is done, but i want it lol...i must be weird too :)

Hi, well you can see how the sides are cut ,
but the fringe has been left a heck of a lot longer it must be way over his brows and then blow waved back into shape and maybe tonged at the ends of the fringe a teeny tiny bit
if you can imagine an old quiff hair style but grown out a lot more :)

im so oin that to my hair for a larf and a half. . lol x

im so oin that to my hair for a larf and a half. . lol x

or .... you coud do the Chandler flock of sea gulls style :)
have you seen that style ?

the what? hahaha sounds hilarious, i have already done a la roux esqe quiff thing tonight for a larff. . wot a mess i was .. . beautifully done, jus not for my long face haha x

i think this style has been using a 90 degree elevation angle from the back of the head, the layers look longer than the average short back and sides, and i think the fringe has been overdirected to keep it long, but minky is right this hair is all in the finishing. i think perhaps some setting lotion or some strong product like foxy curls on the wet hair before blow drying with plenty of root lift. and tongs or waving irons to finish. hard head hairspray to finish maybe ? hope this helps. i love eccentric people. you rock !:hug:

LOL thank you. i like standing out from the crowd.

my hair is nearly there just need a few more weeks of growth i reckon. I've managed to pin curl my fringe to get it like that, at the moment my hair is too heavy so once i get some weight removed. might also want to grow out some of the shorter layers i have.

i was thinking something along the lines of that style but i'm going to take a leaf shaped section from my right recession to my right nape so thus including most of the hair behind my ear, bleaching that then toning to white, then finely weave foils with baby blue (10.0 mixed with 0.2 concentrate) and baby purple (10.0 mixed with 0.9 concentrate).

or do you think more vintage colours? such as rust coppers, sable browns, ivory and medium tans?

wow. i cant imaginehow thoses colours will look. i am really intrigued to see it when its done. will you post a pic when it is. if you dont want to post it here , you could send me a private mesage . Good luck !:hug:

Latest posts

Back