Vinylux application help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blissful_Beauty

Reaction score
I've just started using Vinylux polish and I'm loving the quick drying time and wear but I'm having problems with application, I've looked on the other Vinylux posts and have tried some of the tips on those but I'm finding I often get a streaky looking finish, I've tried applying thinner and thicker but still having the same problem. I'm also finding I get lines in the topcoat even with floating it on. I mainly use Shellac but have always used OPi as well without any application problems.

Just wondered if anyone has any other suggestions as to where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks in advance :)

I've found having enough on your brush to cover the whole nail but no more than this for the first coat helps, so thin. Then being more generous with the second coat seems to give better coverage. You need to have the lightest touch when floating the top coat on and make sure you have a good amount on your brush. Hope this helps x

I am doing the same as I do with shellac an keeping them warm between my legs and shaking them (particularly the top coat)
Its working a treat, I love it!

link to geeg's tips in the vinylux tips & tricks thread:

The skills associated with polishing to achieve a professional finish are four fold.

1. Amount ... The amount of polish on your brush should be enough to cover the surface of the nail in one thin coat coat so that you do not have to re-dip into the polish. Adding polish to a partially covered nail will make the surface uneven and drag the colour.

2. Touch ... Should be light as a feather with a parallel brush ( the brush should never bend where the hair meets the shaft of the brush, when polishing. If your brush bends, it is a show that your pressure is way to heavy and that you need to lighten your touch.

3. Accuracy ... Your colour coat needs to be applied leaving just the merest hairs breadth of a free margin surrounding the nail plate; almost up to but never touching the skin. Leaving a tiny free margin makes the illusion of sleek perfect nails.

4. Speed ... ( particularly with a super fast drying polish like VINYLUX) the Second coat and top coat should be applied quickly and with as few strokes as possible, just inside the perfect perimeter lines you have created with your first colour coat. It is essential to apply these coats as quickly as you can so that the polish doesn't 'melt' or soften the polish underneath and drag it.

It is easy to be super quick with the second colour coat and top coat because you don't have to create the perfect edges; that is the job of the first colour coat. All you need to do is apply quickly down the nail and just avoiding the edges.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/220952-vinylux-tips-tricks-application-5.html#post1860483

Thank you for those suggestions, I'm wondering if I'm not shaking them as much as I should be so will give that and the other tips a try :)

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back