Vinylux application-Saints and Sinners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
There are lots of useful posts surrounding tips on getting a good application with Vinylux so this thread is not aimed at that.

What I'm interested in is a list of the saints and the sinners when it comes to application differences. For example I get a beautiful, easy smooth finish with Tutti Frutti, but Svelte Suede is a mare.

So what colours do you find glide on beautifully and which have you found don't? Let's see if a pattern emerges.

Tinted Love Saint
Tropix Sinner
Masquerade Saint
Lobster Roll Sinner

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oo what a good post.... (Can I hijack slightly? & include shellac in this as I don't use vinalyx!) but why is it some colours are a dream & others are a nightmare, what is it that makes them difficult to apply!?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

As far as shellac colours go:/
Tropix saint
Wildfire saint
Purple purple saint
Masquerade saint
Tinted love sinner
Blackpool sinner
Fedora sinner
Iced coral saint
Cake pop sinner
Gotcha sinner

Sinners:
Mint convertible
Sun Bleach
Azure Wish
Limeade
The topcoat! Haha

Saints:
Wildfire
Blackpool
Purple purple
Asphalt
Lobster roll

Oo what a good post.... (Can I hijack slightly? & include shellac in this as I don't use vinalyx!) but why is it some colours are a dream & others are a nightmare, what is it that makes them difficult to apply!?

Each colour is unique in how it's formulated. The forum has lots of threads on the PITA Shellac colours, which is why I started one purely for Vinylux as you don't tend to hear about specific colours with V. They all seem to be lumped in together regarding tips on application. But I find them to be unique in application, which is why I am interested in a saints and sinners list.

Sorry to be a thread purist. :hug:

Sorry to be a thread purist. :hug:

Lol that's ok, I forgive you! Interesting read! Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinners:
Mint Convertible
Azure Wish
Bicycle Yellow
Blackpool
Cream Puff

Saints:
Rock Royalty
Electric Orange
Wildfire

Sinners:
Powder My Nose
Romantique
Tropix
Lobster Roll
Tutti Fruitti
Tainted Love
City Scape
Regally Yours
Lilac Longing (Until I left the bottle open for about a minute. Now it's not so patchy!)

Saints:
Whatever's not listed in sinners haha

Vinylux sinner - Sun bleached. I'm pulling my hair out over it!

The Saints:

Midnight Swim
Asphalt
Purple Purple
Blackpool
Dark Lava
Rock Royalty
Rubble
Fedora

The Sinners:

Cityscape
Grape Gum
Cake Pop

I use three coats for most of the sinners , I am seeing ☺️
It works fine for me, I put on 2 thin coats and then a little thicker on 3rd and then topcoat :) works every time

I have trouble with Bicycle Yellow, its thick and gloopy and I always get streaks when using it!

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

I have trouble with Bicycle Yellow, its thick and gloopy and I always get streaks when using it!

Do you have any Saints to share for the list? :biggrin:

I think it's all down to application yesterday I did 6 file and polishes using a variety of different colours they all went on perfectly in 2 coats and I think I have finally mastered vinylux.... And I love it! Off the top of my head the easiest to apply we're rubble, lobster roll, locket love and lilac longing. I also applied azure wish and grape gum which I had to try Harder with but non of them did I panic and I was thrilled with each result 😊 x

I like Lobster Roll, it applies very nicely :)

Dark dahlia is lovely to apply as is bloodline. Decadence is a bit more tricky and my new fave is sage scarf which applies beautifully.
Don't even get me started on tropix :0(

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

Too many sinners for me..... hence I'm looking to switch brands now :sad:

Latest posts

Back