Vinylux charging

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashadilly

Reaction score
Hi,

I know there is a thread here about how much we should be charging for services and how to work this out but i'm a little stuck.

Firstly I am rather new. I've completed my manicure training and after all of the reviews and advice on here i've decided to go ahead and purchase Vinylux. I won't be putting myself out there or charging until I am happy with how my product application is but I just want to have a rough idea of what you charge for your manicures - especially Vinylux manicures.

Would you charge additional for the use of Vinylux? What is your different prices for file & polish, basic manicure & polish, luxury manicure & polish etc?

Thanks guys :) xo

i suggest you work out what prices you want to charge when you do feel confident and then state that you will be charging xyz for however long you decide as an introductory offer. This will give you a chance to do clients and practice but will also be easier to putting your prices up.

I personally am charging more for vinylux as its a separate product ive brought in, im investing in new technology and clients are getting longer wear from it. Im charging an introductory offer of file and polish £10 (will be £15) and manicures with vinylux at £20 (will be £25) and have taken my other polishes off of display.

I am toying with the idea whether to charge more or not. I too have normal nail polishes and have spent money on the vinylux collection so need to claw back some of my outlay.

With a normal mani I do file, buff, cuticle, massage and paint. With vinylux there is no massage and no base coat so it's a quicker service for me to offer. I charge £15 for a manicure but thinking of charging £18 for vinylux....

I am toying with the idea whether to charge more or not. I too have normal nail polishes and have spent money on the vinylux collection so need to claw back some of my outlay.

With a normal mani I do file, buff, cuticle, massage and paint. With vinylux there is no massage and no base coat so it's a quicker service for me to offer. I charge £15 for a manicure but thinking of charging £18 for vinylux....

there maybe no base coat but it dries quicker so more convenient for the client...client pays for the convenience...you can always throw in a hand or arm massage xx

I personally am charging more for vinylux as its a separate product ive brought in, im investing in new technology and clients are getting longer wear from it. Im charging an introductory offer of file and polish £10 (will be £15) and manicures with vinylux at £20 (will be £25) and have taken my other polishes off of display.

Interesting, so how much do you charge for Shellac?

I think its quite difficult because it does last longer than a traditional manicure but doesnt last as long as a gel manicure. At the moment i will only be offering vinylux so i dont want it to seem overpriced. Locally a gel overlay is between 20-25 so id assume that id have to price Vinylux below that for someone to go for 1 week wear instead of gel that should last longer.

If that post even makes sense ahh :irked:

If that post even makes sense ahh :irked:

I think it does makes sense. I am having trouble understanding how people will sell a 7 day manicure for only slightly less than a 14 day manicure IYKWIM

I think its quite difficult because it does last longer than a traditional manicure but doesnt last as long as a gel manicure. At the moment i will only be offering vinylux so i dont want it to seem overpriced. Locally a gel overlay is between 20-25 so id assume that id have to price Vinylux below that for someone to go for 1 week wear instead of gel that should last longer.

with a vinylux full manicure clients are also getting a soak and hand and arm massage, with a luxury they would also get a mask and heated mitts. Gel manicures yes clients get longer from the colour but they dont get the pampering bit...having said that when i do a gel or shellac manicure clients do get hand cream quickly massaged into their hands but this is so they not only leave feeling a little pampered but so i can retail hand cream to them xx

So your Vinylux and Shellac price will be the same?

no for just an application of vinylux (file and polish) it is £15 so £10 less than just an application of shellac. A full manicure including soak and massage with vinylux is £25 where as a full manicure with shellac soak and massage would be £38

I think it does makes sense. I am having trouble understanding how people will sell a 7 day manicure for only slightly less than a 14 day manicure IYKWIM

think of it this way...if i go to the hairdressers for a wash and blowdry it costs me £20 and lasts 24/48 hours but if i have a conditioning treatment it costs me an extra £10 but the blowdry still only last me 24/48 hours...does that make sense??

How long does it take you to do a straight Shellac and how long does it take you to do a straight Vinylux? Is the lower price to be charged by you for Vinylux reflected in your time saving? Are the profit margins the same for both products?

Do you think you will have many clients that will have a full Vinylux Manicure when a straight Shellac will be the same price?

How long does it take you to do a straight Shellac and how long does it take you to do a straight Vinylux? Is the lower price to be charged by you for Vinylux reflected in your time saving? Are the profit margins the same for both products?

Do you think you will have many clients that will have a full Vinylux Manicure when a straight Shellac will be the same price?

Straight shellac takes 35/40, straight vinylux takes 15. Profit margins are difficult as shellac uses more products, consumables and electric. Some clients still want the pamper aspect plus normal polish and the convenience of removing themselves so yes will gain new clients plus retail side. Gained 2 new clients in a week due to vinylux x

I think Vinylux makes it a wee bit harder because of course some people don't want to have a luxurious massage etc because they feel its a waste - I certainly would, i'd just want my nails done & dusted.

I was thinking of doing a Vinylux manicure & a Vinylux luxury manicure to start of with. So the straight forward manicure just involves cuticle work & application where as the luxury manicure would be soak, cuticle work, mask, heat, lotion, massage etc. Possibly trying to get this done with clients once a month to help the health of their nails and hands.

As i'm not offering gel yet I don't want extreme prices for Vinylux but at the same time I don't want to be using my products & not making enough in return for my time & energy.

The fact that some people in my area are doing a file and polish for £7-£10 is making me wary of charging around £15 for a basic manicure when they could go & get shellac done for around the same price :irked: I think to make any profit on doing Vinylux we do need to charge around that price though.

Straight shellac takes 35/40, straight vinylux takes 15.

15 minutes? I would take longer than that for a normal file and polish with prep and filing, the only difference with Vinylux is the lack of base coat and the basecoat is always the quickest coat anyway. In fact, when I think about it, my prep/pep is the same for a normal polish as it is for a gel polish.

Are you estimating that it will take 15 minutes or have you actually done any clients in that time? Looking at the CND videos Vinylux pep is the same as Shellac pep.

What I don't understand about this timing is partly due to the fact that people on here are insistent that the use of an LED lamp will not speed up their application time. On the other hand a product that misses just the basecoat and placement of the hands in the lamp will reduce the service time by more than half???? Really??:D

15 minutes? I would take longer than that for a normal file and polish with prep and filing, the only difference with Vinylux is the lack of base coat and the basecoat is always the quickest coat anyway. In fact, when I think about it, my prep/pep is the same for a normal polish as it is for a gel polish.

Are you estimating that it will take 15 minutes or have you actually done any clients in that time? Looking at the CND videos Vinylux pep is the same as Shellac pep.

What I don't understand about this timing is partly due to the fact that people on here are insistent that the use of an LED lamp will not speed up their application time. On the other hand a product that misses just the basecoat and placement of the hands in the lamp will reduce the service time by more than half???? Really??:D

I don't know about others but I take longer over my base coat than the colour coat. Making damn sure no base coat touches the side walls or cuticle (preventing service breakdown). I then find my first colour coat follows this 'template' and then second colour coat is really fast.

I think you're forgetting the time in the lamp as well...

Speaking personally (Beauty Addict and not a Professional) I dont think I'd be happy to pay more for a file and polish with Vinylux than with any other premium nail polish. I've read and watched the publicity about it and while I'm interested and might consider trying it I suspect I'll remain a CND Shellac Client purely because I dont have the time to get my nails done every week.

The reasons I wouldn't want to pay more though is based on two things:

1 - The time it would take the Tech to do the treatment - which because of the removal of the base coat step and the improvement to the drying time is very quick. I'm used to Beauty treatments being priced according to how long they take so if this is a quicker treatment I wont be expecting to pay more UNLESS some high priced product or equipment is used.
Which brings me to
2 - The RRP of the product is along the same lines as other Professional products such as OPI and Jessica.

If you're selling me a quicker treatment with an average priced product I'm going to get the suspicion I'm being taken for a bit of a ride if you try to push the price up. You can talk about the longevity and the quality all you like to try to sell it to me but every new product on the market has a publicity splash and keen advocates telling me that it's amazing. As I said, I'm a fan of CND and so I'm inclined to believe the Vinylux hype - but how much I will pay boils down to the two factors I've mentioned above.

In addition and as a separate point - I read on this Forum that someone was delighted by how high the mark-up was for Vinylux. While I understand that's fantastic for you good folks it's probably not a good idea to say such things if you want to be charging your Clients more for the services that use it. I run my own business and I understand that it boils down to margins but I certainly wouldn't be smug enough to boast about them some where my Clients could read it!

Just my opinion :)

Sunny xx

Last edited:
People will be saving much more money using vinylux why??

No infills every 2 weeks
And no removale either

So price for vinylux should not matter in my opinion as to most people saving money is better and getting a colour change every week is even better!

Defiantly make it a good £5-10 cheaper than shellac tho

Latest posts

Back