Vinylux charging

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're forgetting the time in the lamp as well...

That's the point I am making. When using an LED there is well under 2 minutes down time in the lamp ie. when the second hand is in and the first hand is already finished. All other lamp time you would be painting or prepping. Exactly the same as polish apart from the 2 minutes lamp time and say a longish 3 minutes basecoat then. UV lamp users say there is no time saving with an LED, so it must be the same.

So if you can apply Vinylux in 15 minutes you must be able to apply gel polish/Shellac in 20 minutes?

All still seems extraordinarily fast including pep time following all CND protocol and shaping to me.

If all you are doing is a file and polish then 15 mins may be possible, but there certainly won't be any pep or attention to detail at that speed. Even CND give a guideline of 30 minutes for thorough PEP and Vinylux application.
CND also recommend 20% more than standard polish service price, as it is a premium product, but if you make your margin too much you are going to find your pricing clashing with shellac.
My shellac services start at £33 for single colour basic.
Express manicure with Vinylux is £20 that includes pep and it takes me 30 minutes, French or colour. File and polish no pep is £15. And spa manicure/luxury is £35 with Vinylux not Shellac.
Hope this helps regarding pricing

Last edited:
You a raise some very interesting points. Someone on another thread said that clients like convenience and will pay for it, and vinylux is a convenient product seeing as no curing or soaking off, and the rapid dry element...I am going to charge £18 versus £15 for a standard manicure. All that differs is no base coat and no hand massage but if clients pay £15 for polish that lasts a day or 2, I think slightly extra for something that will last a week won't put them off that much.

I thought we had to do dry PEP with vinylux, so no cuticle is left on the nail....will the product last with just a file and paint with no cuticle work? And how do you do a full manicure with massage etc, do you do all of that once the nails are dry? Was wondering similar with a pedi, would you do dry PEP, paint, dry and then soak the feet for hard skin removal? If so, we then have to sit there for the 8.5 mins of drying time???

15 minutes? I would take longer than that for a normal file and polish with prep and filing, the only difference with Vinylux is the lack of base coat and the basecoat is always the quickest coat anyway. In fact, when I think about it, my prep/pep is the same for a normal polish as it is for a gel polish.

Are you estimating that it will take 15 minutes or have you actually done any clients in that time? Looking at the CND videos Vinylux pep is the same as Shellac pep.

What I don't understand about this timing is partly due to the fact that people on here are insistent that the use of an LED lamp will not speed up their application time. On the other hand a product that misses just the basecoat and placement of the hands in the lamp will reduce the service time by more than half???? Really??:D

you asked me how long i take and i answered, i CAN and have done file and polish in 15 minutes and then 8.5 for them to dry so treatment time is nearly 25 minutes. I have done in the past due to squeezing clients in or at pamper eves done shellac in less than 30 minutes. We are all different and work different. I dont rush my work and in fact space clients out so that they dont feel rushed but put under pressure i can work faster and still do a good job. As vinylux dries so quickly you have to work faster and neater, you have no choice so yes it really does cut service time down.

If all you are doing is a file and polish then 15 mins may be possible, but there certainly won't be any pep or attention to detail at that speed. Even CND give a guideline of 30 minutes for thorough PEP and Vinylux application.
CND also recommend 20% more than standard polish service price, as it is a premium product, but if you make your margin too much you are going to find your pricing clashing with shellac.
My shellac services start at £33 for single colour basic.
Express manicure with Vinylux is £20 that includes pep and it takes me 30 minutes, French or colour. File and polish no pep is £15. And spa manicure/luxury is £35 with Vinylux not Shellac.
Hope this helps regarding pricing

just wanted to clarify, does your file and polish take you 30 mins or are you including drying time in that? and how long does shellac take you?

People will be saving much more money using vinylux why??

No infills every 2 weeks
And no removale either

So price for vinylux should not matter in my opinion as to most people saving money is better and getting a colour change every week is even better!

Defiantly make it a good £5-10 cheaper than shellac tho

See I don't have shellac to compare it to which is why it's difficult.

I'm trying to think of it from the point of view of the client.

A weekly polish at even £15, if done every week for a month then that totals £60

A shellac/gel overlay normally lasts 2-3 weeks and say costs £22 for application and say £15 for infills so over a month thats around £37

Huge difference but I suppose the upside is that the client is getting to change around their colour & if they're careful, the polish may last longer than a week.

Latest posts

Back