Vinylux French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyerust81

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client in tomorrow and as she is due to have a baby next week she doesn't want Shellac but would like normal polish French. French finish fills me with dread as I don't do them very often and I have chosen to change over to vinylux as my polish range so feel a bit apprehensive.

I had a practice on myself today but I'm panicking! I applied cream puff first and perfected smile line etc as usual, left it for a couple of mins and then went over with Beau, negligee etc just to look at color choices. On a few nails though the white dragged and smudged with the pink! :( now I'm scared about doing this service. Any advice fellow geeks?

Thank you!!

I do white last so can't help with the dragging. Just take a deep breath it won't be as horrible as you imagine it will.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I personally find the white drags when I either don't have enough pink on the brush or I'm applying to much pressure. If that's any help x

Also have minimal white on the brush xx

Thanks both :) I have tried those suggestions and let the white dry for up to 20 mins! But it still drags colour even if I float the colour over :/ I'm thinking I may have to bite the bullet and do the white afterwards. It's just then I'm worried as touch ups are difficult? I must admit I think the white looks nicer on top as the pink seems to colour the white slightly?

Thanks for any help xx

Hi, if she wants French, just be bold colour first then white and top coat it huni.

I hate french too, I can do a nice smile line but they never all match :( x

If you're not confident in doing the white last, do the white first then top coat then put the pink colour on top then finish with a top coat x

If your too slow applying the pink then this will also smudge your white. The solvents in the pink polish re wet the white polish, apply in 3 quick downwards strokes :) I apply my white first and pink second and never get any dragging :)

Im a new to this but just done vinylux french at my cnd course. It was quite hard instructor said to always to colour first then white. 3 quick brush strokes with the pink. Make sure there is enough polish on the brush I kept putting too little on and it streaked. We done the smile line from corner to corner our instructor said it was ok to get it on fingers to get perfect smile line. Is that what u normally do? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do french on my own quite a lot. I do a negligee as a base, white on tips , usually 2 coats, then I like a bit of sparkle and don't like bright white tips so use grapefruit sparkle over the top then top coat. Never have any problems with smudging though. I always have a pretty loaded brush to "float" over it though.

Well I did the treatment but I was disappointed with the result. Client had really short nails :( and wanted thick white tips so that as they grow they will still look ok?!

So I did two colour coats of beau, then white over. My smile lines were ok but tonnes of white on the skin which then took me ages to remove :/ I guess if she was happy and she kept apologising for her short nails but I'm a perfectionist and feel mad at myself for such a rubbish treatment! I much prefer to do white then colour over as it's less obvious white tips. Maybe the idea with topcoat in between might work. Feeling flat :(

:(

Are you able to do regular polish French manicures? I personally think you need to find one brand that suits how you as the technician feels most comfortable with and then keep other colours as vinyl ex or whatever. I use or fine best white and pink for myself personally is Calgel polish it lasts over week as a regular manicure and for colours I use Essie polish.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Yes I used to use Leighton Denny at the last place I worked at and I have used other brands ok. Maybe it's just because I haven't practiced in a while. I will just have to keep practicing on myself and hope my technique improves.

Thanks all x

French - Vinylux
I use 2 coats of Beau for a base and Studio White for the tips (then top coat) and I am happy with my end result. I really shy away from Lacquer French services because the Shellac gives me more time to perfect! I don't promise to be FAST... but I do get it right! I have tried MANY different brands and methods to offer non Shellac French and the Vinylux as above is my fave now. Just make sure to give adequate dry time in between for even coverage.

Vinylux French in Friday..eek! Does beau look good with the studio white? Or are. There any other colours I could try..my client has a very pink nail bed and loves a strong white but pale colour. Have lots of pinky shades in shellac, but she insists it's Vinylux. Any suggestions? I would normally do the white first, but will do colour first a try.

Latest posts

Back