Vinylux getting thick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayR

Reaction score
So I really like the Vinylux line from CND. A lot of my customers love it. I'm having issues with the polish getting super thick after only a few uses. (example: relatively new bottle of Tropix was practically the consistency of pudding when I went to use it.) I'm always careful to clean the tops of my bottles off and close them tightly, so I'm not sure why certain colors get thick so quickly. Anyone ever use gel polish thinner? Wondering if it compromises the formula of the polish.

So I really like the Vinylux line from CND. A lot of my customers love it. I'm having issues with the polish getting super thick after only a few uses. (example: relatively new bottle of Tropix was practically the consistency of pudding when I went to use it.) I'm always careful to clean the tops of my bottles off and close them tightly, so I'm not sure why certain colors get thick so quickly. Anyone ever use gel polish thinner? Wondering if it compromises the formula of the polish.
I had the same problem with vinylux as well getting too thicj. it's actually the biggest reason I do not use it anymore you really have to be careful with the Vinylux because it's a one week polish it has some intense hardnera in it to make it cure quick. and thats why its only meant to really be used for 7 days and then taken off vs a traditional polish 14 application because otherwise it gets pretty hard to get off the nail plate expecially on toes. I have used thinner and I don't feel it compromises the product at all I would just say be careful with how much oxygen is getting into that bottle when you're doing your application if you are not using it make sure the cap is closed the more oxygen that gets into that bottle the quicker it's going to activate and start hardening which is why It gets so thick

Is it anything to do with sunlight? Where do you store these bottles, even with normal nail polish if you store them or use them in direct sunlight, that causes them to do allsorts? x

Hi Jay R,

Due to the quick drying nature of Vinylux you need to make sure that the rim is kept clean, the polishes are not in direct sunlight and be sure to shake them thoroughly before use. You can't use thinners to help with this unfortunately.

Hope this helps :)

Cnd says yous can thin the polish with POLISH thinner (not gel thinner) but it may compromise dry time. Thin the polish and try it on yourself to see if there are any undesired effects. It's worth a try no matter how inexpensive a bottle of vinylux is because if you have to bin it after only a handful of uses, it WILL get expensive and it then wouldn't make economic sense to keep using that polish line.

Not only does it thicken it also starts to go lumpy, I've also known some of mine to seperate

Latest posts

Back