Vinylux looking streaky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
I have started using Vinylux but having a problem with the coverage, especially with the lighter colours, it looks a bit streaky. Does anyone know why this is? I paint it on like any other polish!

I find that with the light colours too, I shake them really well but it's hard to get a full coverage, even with 3 coats x

Bicycle yellow is the worst :thumbdown: I've heard other people say about putting a coat of white underneath for better coverage x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It is quite streaky but I think that's because it dries so quick. I was taught by another cnd tech to load the brush with more polish and 'float' the polish on rather than paint it it like you would a normal polish. I've found since doing this the polish doesn't look streaky. X

It is quite streaky but I think that's because it dries so quick. I was taught by another cnd tech to load the brush with more polish and 'float' the polish on rather than paint it it like you would a normal polish. I've found since doing this the polish doesn't look streaky. X

This is how I apply vinylux, make sure there's plenty of product on the brush and float it on the nail. Also work fast and don't 'fiddle' once it's on. The more you repeatedly go over the nail the streaker it will look. Try and perfect with just 3 or 4 strokes only x

do you find you are applying the product quite thick then?

No it isn't thick at all. There's just a knack in judging how much polish you need on the brush depending on the length if the nail, and that comes with time and practice. Too much and you end up doing additional swipes to remove the excess and too little and you have to re-dip the brush in the bottle, either way will result in streaks. Maybe get some old tips and practice or even on yourself x

Latest posts

Back