Vinylux not lasting more than a few days!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I am brand new to Salon Geek so bare with me!
I have recently started practicing with CND Vinylux polish, & am finding it is not lasting more than a few days without chipping. Please can anyone advise me on how to rectify this problem? I am P.E.P.ing beforehand correctly, and I think I am applying it properly including capping the free edge, but I must be doing something wrong. I feel really disheartened about this as I had high hopes for this product. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thank you in advance to anyone who replies! x

Hello and welcome to the site.

I'm finding Vinylux lasts a good 10 days to 2 weeks without any problems to be honest.

Are you making sure to shake the colour and top coat bottles really well? I shake them both together vigorously for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.

Hey Noodle!

Thanks for responding to my question. Wow 10 days wear is amazing! if I could get 7 days wear I'd be happy! I'm shaking the bottles but not for that long, I'll try shaking them for longer! Thanks for the tip! x

Also check clients nails. I have noticed that when they have peeling nails it does not last, as well as not wearing gloves! Lol

I too found it chipped very easily, worse than my other polishes, have now withdrawn it from my salon,

Thanks for your feedback guys! x

I'm really surprised by this thread, I've been using Vinylux since the launch in April at The Event. I find it amazing stuff as do my clients, we sell loads of it and they keep coming back for more so it must be good! I had a lady come back for a file and polish with her Vinylux still intact three weeks down the line! Are you shaking the bottles, applying a thin first layer then floating second and top coat, waiting the full 8.5 mins before applying solar oil?

Is it a problem on just you,or a client or a few clients?

It will be problematic if the nails are not suitable or it

I have a client that can go 3 weeks with her Vinylux. Last time she removed it because she had such regrowth. No complaints here.

I wear Vinylux myself and some of my clients too, and we are all getting 10-14 days wear, having said that, we all have Brisa Lite smoothing/sculpting gel on too. Xx

I'm the worlds worse with anything on my nails and I have had my vinylux on for 4 days now only one chip on my right thumb were the nail broke & I peeled oops! And wear at the tips which is normal as I type all day every day, Other than that perfect :) I love the stuff!

Sarah xx

I have had no problems with Vinylux, one client wore it for 16 days with no chips. On myself it only lasts 3-4 days, but that is all a gel polish lasts on me, and any other polish doesn't even last a day.
I think so much depends on the condition on the individual clients nails & also how much they follow the after care advice.

Is it a problem on just you,or a client or a few clients?

It will be problematic if the nails are not suitable or it

I've only applied Vinylux to 2 clients so far and they both reported back upon my request, saying it lasted 1-2 days before chipping started. On myself Ive done it twice, and I can go 3-4 days before a chip appears or it starts looking shabby at the free edge.

I'm really surprised by this thread, I've been using Vinylux since the launch in April at The Event. I find it amazing stuff as do my clients, we sell loads of it and they keep coming back for more so it must be good! I had a lady come back for a file and polish with her Vinylux still intact three weeks down the line! Are you shaking the bottles, applying a thin first layer then floating second and top coat, waiting the full 8.5 mins before applying solar oil?

I am shaking bottles but only for a few seconds, I perhaps need to do it for longer. What do you mean by floating the second and top coat?

I am shaking bottles but only for a few seconds, I perhaps need to do it for longer. What do you mean by floating the second and top coat?

With your second coat load your polish brush slightly more than you would with your first thin coat and kind of float it with a lighter touch than that of your first coat. Same with your top coat, don't press down much with the brush. Don't folded it on but use slightly more product if you get me. I think there is a tutorial for polishing by Geeg on here somewhere I'll try and find you a link

Sorry I can't find it on my iPad but I'm fairly sure it's under tutorials if you look on a PC or laptop Hun xxx

Might also be worth a good read of the Vinylux tips and tricks thread on here

Might also be worth a good read of the Vinylux tips and tricks thread on here

Thanks for all your help Wellyb! Much appreciated!

Sarah x

If the foundation (nail) isn't great then the coating (vinylux) won't last the distance.

The nail needs to be of good health in order for the coating to behave at it's premium best.

You could try a coat of BL Smoothing Gel below the vinylux.

I totally agree with Linzi. That's why I use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel so much. Most people don't have perfect nails and the undercoat of the smoothing gel system makes all the difference. For Shellac too! I have heard from quite a number of people that Shellac is bad and that it doesn't last on their nails. Well, that's probably because their nails are peeling. Smoothing gel is our secret weapon!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back