Vinylux polish thickening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kells90

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having a few problems with the vinylux polishes becoming really thick in the bottles to the point not being able to paint them?? They aren't displayed near a window.

Thanks [emoji4]

Yep, which is why I got rid of them & changed brands. I got tired of replacing them.
And I'm pretty quick at polishing so it was nothing to do with leaving the bottle open too long.

I think you can use a Polish thinner with them but then they won't dry as fast which defeats the object of a fast drying polish. x

I've had Vinylux 'displayed' in my salon for over 12 months(I can't find a nail tech to take it on! - whole other thread), and they are all still in PEEK condition!:p
I might add, I like to 'play' at nails from time to time :oops:, so they have all been opened.
Could it be the temperature of your salon, or are they under strong lighting?

Thanks girls, it only seems to be a few colours. The salon can get warm but what salon doesn't lol, they are in the vinylux stand on the wall not near any spotlights.

I find its when they haven't been shook well enough so that the solvents properly mix with the pigments. We bought a little paint shaker & since that we've not had any problem. Wouldn't recommend putting thinner in them as they go even gloopier in the long run....learnt the hard way on this one!

It's very typical with any fast drying polish! I have replaced a few that have been sold to clients and have thickened way too quick so they are no good for retail! The original CND colors were the best in fact I still have some however they take longer to dry so you have to weigh up the pros and cons really!

Latest posts

Back