Vinylux question-too thick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm using vinylux on myself, I paint down the middle of the nail and then paint down the side of each nail, on the last sweep I get a ridge in the middle of the nail of polish- I'm thinking thin to win- but also trying to get full coverage with 2 coats. Am I still using too much? I've read through the tips of application and still keep getting it.

I'm looking at either The Polished Nail course or some 121 with my educator to sort out my polishing speed. These may be some options for you too. Just a thought x

Thank you Dnx for your reply, I'll look into that.

Thin to win is Shellac. While I don't think it necessarily needs to be thick, I certainly seem to get best results with Vinylux when I just paint it on. Problems seem to arise when I try too hard!!! I really make sure it's coated with the topcoat as well. Hope that helps!

Don't be shy with Vinylux, on an average size nail I dip and wipe once on the neck of the bottle, so you have a good amount on the brush, not to much that the polish would drip off the brush if held there but almost, obviously slight less for pinkies and slightly more for thumbs.

Work quickly and try not to use more than 3 or 4 strokes, the more you play with it the more it will streak and clump. Its very different to applying Shellac.

Latest posts

Back