Vinylux removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiSC

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before - there are so many Vinylux threads/posts, I did a search but I can't see it mentioned!

I found out, by mistake really that non-acetone remover takes Vinylux off perfectly well (used NA out of habit!). I know its not CND protocol but this is great news for me as I wear Gelish but get bored easily. I often paint over the top of gelish with regular polish (or indeed Vinylux now!) but I will be able to remove it without damaging my overlays.

I am assuming this will also be the case of Vinylux removal from Shellac, soak off gel systems, smoothing gels (Structure gel or Brisa Lite) and acrylic too :D

I'm currently wearing vinylux over my acrylic overlays (day 5 still on and still looking great :D) I wear nitrile gloves when wrapping off shellac and when I'm doing soak offs, I've also started wearing them when I'm doing nail art as I seem to end up wearing the paints lol hth x x

Sorry if this has been mentioned before - there are so many Vinylux threads/posts, I did a search but I can't see it mentioned!

I found out, by mistake really that non-acetone remover takes Vinylux off perfectly well (used NA out of habit!). I know its not CND protocol but this is great news for me as I wear Gelish but get bored easily. I often paint over the top of gelish with regular polish (or indeed Vinylux now!) but I will be able to remove it without damaging my overlays.

I am assuming this will also be the case of Vinylux removal from Shellac, soak off gel systems, smoothing gels (Structure gel or Brisa Lite) and acrylic too :D

You have to remember that NA remover is still a powerful solvent and it will compromise gel as well as Shellac if you don't remove quickly and without using too much. It takes a bit longer with NA remover and you normally need to use more of it which is why Acetone is recommended as it is quick and you don't need much, so less likely to compromise your Shellac or your gel polish when removing polish from the top of it.

You have to remember that NA remover is still a powerful solvent and it will compromise gel as well as Shellac if you don't remove quickly and without using too much. It takes a bit longer with NA remover and you normally need to use more of it which is why Acetone is recommended as it is quick and you don't need much, so less likely to compromise your Shellac or your gel polish when removing polish from the top of it.

Thanks Gigi. Yes, I do a quick swipe as I normally put some nail art on top of my own gel to change the look every few days (good for clients and potential new clients to see what I can do as my nails are always different and it becomes a talking point!). I have done used non-acetone too many times before and found that the gel has come off the free edge where is was capped!

Latest posts

Back