Vinylux vs other polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H
I've read on here of techs taking 15 mins or more just to remove, so have never considered it as that's far too long for me
hi blossom - do you mean to remove vinylux? How come it can take so long? I'm considering this brand x

I used to use OPI in the salon but converted completely over the Vinylux as soon as i tried it :)

There is no denying that Vinylux Top coats go thick quite quickly, It a super fast drying top coat which means when you paint it on the nail the solvents evaporate rapidly causing it to dry really quickly, but obviously when the bottle is open the solvent are evaporating quickly causing the polish to go thick!

I like to think of it this way, with OPI i had clients drying for 15 -20 mins until nails felt pretty dry but were not completely dry and out of every 4 or 5 manicures i did, I could expect 2 to come back with a smudge (damn car keys and seat belts). With Vinylux I'm kicking them out the door after only 10 mins (i know its 8.5 but i like to give the extra min and half just to be safe haha) , so thats an average saving of at least 10 mins per client (not including redos) and best of all i've never had someone come back with a smudge after using vinylux !

If you work out that you probably get 20 polishes out of a top coat before you have to chuck it, that a saving of 200 mins of your time (and sanity for not repairing smudges! lol) , my wages for over 3 hours is far more than the cost of a top coat so i really don't mind replacing them regularly.

Also clients will love the longevity of the polish, it really is the longest lasting polish i have ever tried, i have one client who gets 2 weeks out of it and only comes back because of regrowth! :O

It will obviously depend on your area, but i find most clients in my area want matching hands and toes and love that they can choose a regular polish on their toes or hands and have a matching shellac application :)

Vinylux is also my number one selling retail item - even more than solar oil and i never though i'd see something overtake solar oil LOL , once clients try one colour they want more, some of my clients have 11 or 12 colours now :)
Hi , I was just wondering, do you have problems with clients struggling to remove it?

No, it does take slightly longer to remove than a regular polish but not much longer. I can remove regular polish in maybe a minute , it takes maybe 2 mins to remove vinylux.

Some points to consider are you must use an acetone based nail polish remover, I use the CND nourishing remover but plain acetone will work too , hold the pad over the nail for 10 seconds and swipe the pad down over the nail using a bit of pressure.

Using an acetone free formula will remove the polish, but will take much longer and will be more likely to cause staining.

Also if the polish is on their toes and they have had it on for ages (like 8-12 weeks) then it maybe take up to 5 mins to remove.

Some clients have said to me that they find it hard to remove themselves at home and I noticed that all of them were trying to take it off using quick swiping motions over the nail. I now tell all clients how to remove it quickly and effectively , by using an acetone based nail polish remover and holding it for 10 seconds to let the remover work through the top coat and have never had any complains since. Clients LOVE how long lasting it is [emoji3]

E
No, it does take slightly longer to remove than a regular polish but not much longer. I can remove regular polish in maybe a minute , it takes maybe 2 mins to remove vinylux.

Some points to consider are you must use an acetone based nail polish remover, I use the CND nourishing remover but plain acetone will work too , hold the pad over the nail for 10 seconds and swipe the pad down over the nail using a bit of pressure.

Using an acetone free formula will remove the polish, but will take much longer and will be more likely to cause staining.

Also if the polish is on their toes and they have had it on for ages (like 8-12 weeks) then it maybe take up to 5 mins to remove.

Some clients have said to me that they find it hard to remove themselves at home and I noticed that all of them were trying to take it off using quick swiping motions over the nail. I now tell all clients how to remove it quickly and effectively , by using an acetone based nail polish remover and holding it for 10 seconds to let the remover work through the top coat and have never had any complains since. Clients LOVE how long lasting it is [emoji3]

Exactly!
If a polish is going to wear for 2 days, it will remove in 2 minutes.... Wear a polish for 2 weeks and spend a bit more time and a different technique to remove it. It's worth it. I explain the exact same thing and I've even given a client ONE plastic backed pad to remove it. She looked at the one solitary pad like I was nuts but put it in her purse. She took the time to send me an email to tell me I was right... one pad worked with the instructions that I provided. It IS a different polish. Each Vinylux polish has a different personality. The only one that I returned was Water Park. I think it may be a bad pigment or something because the Shellac (same colour) went thick, gloopy and separated. Thankfully, I purchased from an authorized distributor, kept my receipts and I was refunded.
The polish can be drying to the nails but I advise to use Solar Oil. I have found lots of white dry nails underneath the polish, especially on toes that removes with a light buffing.
OPI and China Glaze do not even come close to the longevity I get with Vinylux, not to mention the dry time (10 mins). I still have a few OPI but use the Vinylux topcoat with very good results. Same removal method but it's a bit quicker. I am discarding half bottles of topcoat but if I clean my bottle tops the colours will last. I may give them away when they start getting thick if I have a nice tipping client. They can have it for touch ups... I would only discard it anyways!
I don't favor the colour range. It just doesn't compare to OPI but I am mobile so I can't carry 200 polishes anyways! I carry about 60 Shellac colours, about 40 Vinylux and 20 various OPI and Venique. My clients like that I can match my Shellac colours when I do a mani/pedi. I too retail quite a few for those ladies who get occasional Shellac mani's but do like to do their own nails. I always have a few extra topcoats too. I sell more topcoats than colours because it wears well on any polish.
Vinylux is different. You like it or you don't. Give it a chance though and get to know it.

Latest posts

Back