Violet Pearl Additive help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharan

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have seen lots of lovely nails, where violet pearl additive has been applied onto colours such as rock royalty, dark dahlia etc and I love the purple colour it brings out. However, when I've tried it, my colours look different?

Can't understand why? Anyone have any ideas? If anyone has tried this combo, please could you post a pic to compare. This is what mine looks like. It's lovely, just not that colour effect I was after. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415703265.110830.jpg

I found a video on YouTube. Here's a still of the image. Violet pearl over Blackpool. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415704486.495662.jpg

I just had a go at this... As you can see the colours quite different.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415704654.044724.jpg
Anyone have any ideas why this is so? :(

This is my violet pearl CND additive fade down over Rock Royalty CND Shellac. Ive also put it over Lilac Longing. It will look different over different colours. What colour CND Shellac have you used in your picture?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1415709072665.jpg
    1415709072665.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 133
Thanks Helen. The first pic I used rock royalty and the second one I used Blackpool, the same as the YouTuber. Yours looks like the colour that I'm trying to get.

Mine doesn't look so purple for some reason. It's almost pinky and I want purple! lol

I'm wondering if you've mixed your pots up by mistake. it looks more like pink gold sparkle rather than violet pearl xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415717244.363531.jpg

Jenski, u legend! That's exactly what I had done. Indeed it was pink gold sparkle lol. You were spot on. The left is now violet pearl over Blackpool! Exactly what I was after. Funny how that never occurred to me.. Doh!

Thanks so much :)

View attachment 78645

Jenski, u legend! That's exactly what I had done. Indeed it was pink gold sparkle lol. You were spot on. The left is now violet pearl over Blackpool! Exactly what I was after. Funny how that never occurred to me.. Doh!

Thanks so much :)

YAY!!!! Glad to help xx

Latest posts

Back